LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

10 hours ago, johnplav said:

This is my 8th season hunting this property and never paid attention to this tree until Monday when I hung the stand.  Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the fruit look like.  I’m starting to lean toward hackberry… now that I know that’s a thing. 

Leaves are more mulberry or basswood  but bark looks mulberry ish,  Hackberry leaves are veined different

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisw said:

If there's a gun range nearby don't let it persuade you from returning. The deer are used to it. We used to have deer come out 120 yds behind the trap shooting houses while we were shooting. It's just like anything else, it becomes normal to them. Doesn't make for a peaceful sit though...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Agreed, one of our best pieces of ground is within close distance to not one but two ranges. Deer pay no mind.

Edited by phade

45 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

how do you open that type of bag quietly? I rarely bring candy bars, but when i do i open it the night before and put it in ziplock baggy

Hardcore hunters don't open candy bars, they shove the whole thing in their face and chew.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Scouted some more this morning and saw a nice 8 go across the road and into a river bottom that's only 15-20 acres in size with fields on both sides. So 2 of the guys are going to sneak in there to cover it and hope to catch him coming out of his bed.  We also jumped 3 does scouting.

• Like 5

Scouted some more this morning and saw a nice 8 go across the road and into a river bottom that's only 15-20 acres in size with fields on both sides. So 2 of the guys are going to sneak in there to cover it and hope to catch him coming out of his bed.  We also jumped 3 does scouting.
Start summoning your inner "THP"......If they saw a buck pull that move they would be hot on its tail and it most likely wouldn't live the next 24hrs.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Weather man is saying a 20+ degree temperature drop between Friday and Sunday! This should kick activity up a couple of notches!

On top of thunderstorms all day Saturday and rain into Sunday morning. 

I'm already sad

• Like 2

Back up. I’m a wee bit sweaty. Good wind though . Forgot judo points again. Squirrels and more squirrels. 
I always keep one arrow in the quiver with a judo point. Last year I didn't have one and took aim at a nice black squirrel....zipped off half his tail with a broadhead.

• Like 2

View of the night. Have q heavy rub line and scrape on the left side along the swamp a big CRP field that the buck came out of this morning. I'm in a red oak and I have apples all around. The grass has clover and 300 yards out in front is another swamp I'm keeping an eye to see if anything comes out.  I had a fawn come in while I was setting up and bust me but just bounded across the road which is 50yarde away.

20211014_171514.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Start summoning your inner "THP"......If they saw a buck pull that move they would be hot on its tail and it most likely wouldn't live the next 24hrs.

Working on it. We have 2 guys in that bottom right now and I'm covering the area he came from just in case he came back.  

• Like 3