LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Yup same here. Sat looks like a def washout.  Sunday is a maybe. I had Monday off and cancelled that and moved the day to wed.  

Sunday is 60% chance in the morning but that leaves a 40% chance it WONT rain!

I’ll probably be dumb enough to get 4 hours of sleep and make the 35 minute ride to camp to do nothing but have a cup of coffee and talk to the guys and head home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, chrisw said:

After tonight I'm off for a week, duck hunting Saturday AM, then deer the rest of the week. Good thing I just put a blind up on the lease, that'll make those rainy days better.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Same here, I am heading up to the nz tomorrow for early ML week thru opening weekend of gun.  I can’t wait, and I am just finishing up my packing.  Work has been particularly hectic lately.  I will definitely get in some fishing too (catch and release for brook trout and for a “trophy” smallmouth bass).

The only thing I can’t locate is my pop up blind.  I think I may have left it up there, in my in-laws garage attic, on Memorial Day weekend.  I have a spot in mind to set it up, in case of heavy rains.  We had a lot of that up there on that week last year.

There will be a little work, helping my in-laws get stuff ready for winter, but mostly “play”.  My mother in law is the best cook that I have encountered, so I’d make that 4 hour trip, even if I couldn’t fish and hunt every day.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

Yup same here. Sat looks like a def washout.  Sunday is a maybe. I had Monday off and cancelled that and moved the day to wed.  

This is NOT the Robhuntandfish I signed up for with my week 3 selection. Get it done!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn, they are calling for almost an inch of rain on opening day of ML in the town up north where I am headed tomorrow.  I sure hope I find my pop up blind in my in-laws attic when I get up there.  I should have a couple hours of legal hunting time tomorrow afternoon.

I will take a short walk then, with my crossbow, and get that blind set up.  I should be able to keep my powder dry in that blind on Saturday.  

The rest of the week looks pretty good up there.  Under a tenth of an inch of rain is predicted for Sunday, and none for Monday.

Took the last few days of hunting, made my nephew some venison cheese sausages and jerky along with his Euro mount. Made him a nice wood plaque, not gotta get a nice engraving done for it and peroxide it. Might sit in the morning for a bit. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Damn, they are calling for almost an inch of rain on opening day of ML in the town up north where I am headed tomorrow.  I sure hope I find my pop up blind in my in-laws attic when I get up there.  I should have a couple hours of legal hunting time tomorrow afternoon.

I will take a short walk then, with my crossbow, and get that blind set up.  I should be able to keep my powder dry in that blind on Saturday.  

The rest of the week looks pretty good up there.  Under a tenth of an inch of rain is predicted for Sunday, and none for Monday.

Finger condom, electrical tape reminder for the ml business end.  Good luck 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Finger condom, electrical tape reminder for the ml business end.  Good luck 

Thanks for the the reminder.  I will be sure to slip that on before the 1/4 mile walk to the pop up blind Saturday morning.  

• Like 1

Well I think it's about time I put away the fishing poles and start getting back in the woods and on the forum!

I've been patiently waiting for cooler temps and looks like a beautiful cold front coming in.... nice and rainy on the front end means a lot of pent up activity on the back end once it clears out. I'll be out Saturday pulling cards and looking for the hottest scrapes I can find to sit on Sunday and Monday. My cell cams started lighting up the last two nights with scrape activity so decent chance the weather gets the bucks up during day light to freshen them up. I know no one likes to get wet but scouting in the rain is honestly one of the best moves this time of year - the deer don't hear you and your presence washes away. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Well I think it's about time I put away the fishing poles and start getting back in the woods and on the forum!

I've been patiently waiting for cooler temps and looks like a beautiful cold front coming in.... nice and rainy on the front end means a lot of pent up activity on the back end once it clears out. I'll be out Saturday pulling cards and looking for the hottest scrapes I can find to sit on Sunday and Monday. My cell cams started lighting up the last two nights with scrape activity so decent chance the weather gets the bucks up during day light to freshen them up. I know no one likes to get wet but scouting in the rain is honestly one of the best moves this time of year - the deer don't hear you and your presence washes away. 

Good rain gear was the first thing I packed for hunting next week up north.  Maybe I will put on my new chest waders, goretex jacket, electric tape over the muzzle of my stainless steel inline, and still hunt in the morning Saturday.   

Back to the house for some hot soup with the inlaws, then out to the pop up blind until 1/2 hour past sunset.  Sounds like a good plan for this meathunter.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1