LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Wanted to check cams today anyways, so I thought I’d sit in the stand for a couple of hours. As I was pulling in, I received a cell cam pic of the piebald buck about 400 yards away near another stand. Would be cool to actually lay eyes on him. Man is it ever warm!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Wanted to check cams today anyways, so I thought I’d sit in the stand for a couple of hours. As I was pulling in, I received a cell cam pic of the piebald buck about 400 yards away near another stand. Would be cool to actually lay eyes on him. Man is it ever warm!!

1 coon and 3 skeeters so far…

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3S (Westchester) - heading out for a quick hunt before work. Gonna be 77 degrees today but only 55 right now. 0-1 mph winds and a 707am sunrise, 637am shooting time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well i had an awesome morning before work. Doe under 5 yards (no blind) for 10 minutes, then saw another doe with a fawn. then an awesome encounter at 20 yards with a beautiful chocolate racked 8pt. All before 8am. I'll update my journal soon with pics.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

well i had an awesome morning before work. Doe under 5 yards (no blind) for 10 minutes, then saw another doe with a fawn. then an awesome encounter at 20 yards with a beautiful chocolate racked 8pt. All before 8am. I'll update my journal soon with pics.

Why not zip the 8? 

It’s official, since sept 27th I have golfed more times than I’ve hunted. I’ve killed plenty of deer in warm weather but I simply don’t enjoy it. After today I think the clubs are going away by the looks of the long term.

Same here, I've played five rounds in October and have three sits lol

• Like 1

How can you be so sure she wasnt blind?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Like the Great one once said “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take “

easy gun kill, but too heavy to risk an arrow through it. kept waiting for a clear shot just didn't happen. maybe in a few days.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

Well I think it's about time I put away the fishing poles and start getting back in the woods and on the forum!

I've been patiently waiting for cooler temps and looks like a beautiful cold front coming in.... nice and rainy on the front end means a lot of pent up activity on the back end once it clears out. I'll be out Saturday pulling cards and looking for the hottest scrapes I can find to sit on Sunday and Monday. My cell cams started lighting up the last two nights with scrape activity so decent chance the weather gets the bucks up during day light to freshen them up. I know no one likes to get wet but scouting in the rain is honestly one of the best moves this time of year - the deer don't hear you and your presence washes away. 

You can't hunt till Monday I want you as my 4th week pick

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

easy gun kill, but too heavy to risk an arrow through it. kept waiting for a clear shot just didn't happen. maybe in a few days.

My Man!!    :good:

Too many just wing shots, hoping for the best. I've seen it all while tracking for Deer Search. Enough can go wrong on a good shot opportunity, much less risking a poor one. If it ain't right, I ain't shooting. Would rather let them walk, than take an iffy shot ! Sometimes, just minutes, or seconds later, the deer will offer a much better shot? If not, perhaps another day.

As hunters and sportsmen, we owe it to the game we hunt. To know our own limitations, and make that shot the best that we possibly can.

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, grampy said:

My Man!!    :good:

Too many just wing shots, hoping for the best. I've seen it all while tracking for Deer Search. Enough can go wrong on a good shot opportunity, much less risking a poor one. If it ain't right, I ain't shooting. Would rather let them walk, than take an iffy shot ! Sometimes, just minutes, or seconds later, the deer will offer a much better shot? If not, perhaps another day.

As hunters and sportsmen, we owe it to the game we hunt. To know our own limitations, and make that shot the best that we possibly can.

yup and of course the cam showed him yesterday at 735am come from other side wide open lol. oh well, not meant to be today.

• Like 1

Looking at the weekend weather has me less than excited. I'll probably get out tomorrow morning (assuming it's not pouring and/or lightening) for pheasant with my father in law and a few buddies. The weather might keep back some of the crowd that has become the norm on the pheasant opener. Then Sunday, assuming the rain isn't heavy, I may sit on a field edge in the morning. I have a West facing stand overlooking the beans and that stand would be perfect for Sunday's West wind.

• Like 1

Never played in my life before this summer, now I’m golfing instead of hunting. It’s an addicting sport!

Funny I played for the first time this summer too, been out 6 times now and have a full set of clubs… I’m in trouble with another hobby in the mix

Up and in for the PM boy is it hot…. Sunday Monday will be much much cooler… tomorrow will be a family day…. Took of Monday for two good days of cool weather huntinh e0a57e9ecbbaac2974747000daeebef8.jpg

• Like 3