LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

15 minutes ago, FLXmatt said:

Twenty minutes into my first bow hunt in twenty years a nice basket racked 7-8 point gave me a chip shot.  The hit looked a bit high, so I’ll give him a while.

That got the blood pumping!

Good luck ,hope to see pics soon

37 minutes ago, phade said:

In Ohio. Crapshow of a day but in a tree. Stands we bought and reserved at a store here we’re sold on accident so we had drive an hour each way to buy more. Only got one stand up in a closedown area to parking spot. There is a small wet marsh. Partner is on way into another stand has seen 4 already. Cool n windy, 15-20. Front has gone by.

Yes that is corn and big n j. Set a cam over it. No idea what is here so we need inventory.

A497EC5C-11E6-43C1-BAFB-64162ED2A03A.png

Nice view. Just out of curiosity how big is the lease you guys have out there?

Feel like a lot of deer are going to be shot tomorrow. Ill be out woodcock and pheasant hunting instead of deer. Next week ill be out in the deer woods though. Passed a bunch of doe and a nice young 7 point the last 2 weeks, but next week Ill be shooting the first doe or nice buck that walks in front of me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, E J said:

Nice view. Just out of curiosity how big is the lease you guys have out there?

Same owner, two farms 10 miles apart. One flat and seasonally wet in the timber.

One with 30 cattle in rotating sections but majority of farm is huntable and has darn near every feature - marsh, hills and valley, creeks, ag field, Apple trees (I’m in one), and hay fields. 

210 ish acres between the two.

Got home early today and hung out around the house.  Talked to mama and she gave me the green light to hunt tomorrow morning since we cut or trip short.  Not sure where I'll go but I'll be out somewhere.

Very blessed to have the wife I have. She also told me to stop chasing horns and fill her freezer. Lol she has a point she tends to bring me back in and remind me why I hunt sometimes. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Got home early today and hung out around the house.  Talked to mama and she gave me the green light to hunt tomorrow morning since we cut or trip short.  Not sure where I'll go but I'll be out somewhere.

Very blessed to have the wife I have. She also told me to stop chasing horns and fill her freezer. Lol she has a point she tends to bring me back in and remind me why I hunt sometimes. 

Don't ever forget her Birthday .... she's a Keeper !

• Like 1

Definitely underestimated the wind chill.

Im in Equinox and the wind is cutting a bit much. It went from sweaty and taking a towel bath before getting in a tree, to first “brrrrr” of the season.

Make sure everyone is ready in the AM for the temps.

As I was approaching my stand, I realized the “little stream” I have to cross, was now a raging river that was knee deep! My hiking boots are full of water and I’m soaked up to my knees!! On top of being under dressed! I can’t wait to leave!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well I did jump in the woods for the last hour after my boys football game….all settled by 5:00 and then the skies got dark by 5:45. I climbed down and ended up getting slammed with rains and wind in the 10 minute walk back. Dumb decisions are my specialty this season so far!!!

• Like 6

Thanks guys just a little guy at 50 yards but will put meat in my freeze r would have cut him up myself but garage is full. $75 plus a knock down from helping the butcher last year. Horn hunting now that meat is in freezer!

Pics man pics!

Just came from tracking for four hours.  Did not find the buck yet.  Good bright red blood for a hundred yards, then a clot but no I don’t believe he bedded down.  Blood slowed to a trickle as he cross the mowed field, stopped all together 50 yards from entering the next wood lot. Overall he covered about 350yards.  I’ll speak with some neighbors first thing and start there in the morning.  Thankful to have friends and family lend a hand tonight.

Good luck to all in the morning.

• Like 9