LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I’m in the same boat as Rob. Been a downpour for over 4 hours now. Of course tomorrow morning is going to be fantastic and I have a work commit. Rrrrr I guess we are not over hunting our spots lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I must be sitting right below a major flyway.   Big V flocks of Canada’s have been heading south at high altitude, almost non-stop all morning.   The small local flock must have bad compasses, because they just headed out north, at tree top level.

Got an unexpected call at 12:30am last night that my daughter needed a ride home. The DD wasn't ready to leave yet, but she was. Got back in bed at 1:30, but it took another hour or so to get back to sleep. Could not get up when the alarm went off at 5:00.... Oh well.

Cell cams were absolutely popping last night and this morning after daylight! Got a couple big boys moving, including a new one! (The first pic was taken 100 yards from my house! LOL)

SYFW0051-2.jpg

CB895ADB-8EAD-4095-9CA0-72CCDB845493.jpg

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 14

Got an unexpected call at 12:30am last night that my daughter needed a ride home. The DD wasn't ready to leave yet, but she was. Got back in bed at 1:30, but it took another hour or so to get back to sleep. Could not get up when the alarm went off at 5:00.... Oh well.
Cell cams were absolutely popping last night and this morning after daylight! Got a couple big boys moving, including a new one! (The first pic was taken 100 yards from my house! LOL)
SYFW0051-2.jpg
CB895ADB-8EAD-4095-9CA0-72CCDB845493.jpg

Sweet brows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Had a pretty good morning, saw six does and two small bucks. I also saw half dozen or so fresh scrapes on my way out and cell cams were lighting up this morning so definitely getting on their feet more. Hoping this afternoon is good but first off to catch some bass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nothing but squirrels this morning.  Gonna get some chores done and head out to a stand i set up yesterday in the rain. 

Haven't moved a stand this late in years. I figure doing the same old routine on the bucks i am after hasn't worked yet, so trying something different. 

Well that was one heck of a way to end the morning hunt.took a slow walk back up to house checking for scrapes n rubs.halfway along creek hedgrerow we jumped something as i heard a splash.walk up 50 more yards and have a deer running right at us.me n dad both dropped down n i clipped my release on.had a patch of tall grass between us and said deer.lost sight so slowly stood up and hes 20 yards from me.slowly drop back down n drew back.just needed 10 more steps ..he made 2 big bounds n right across the creek he went again.big chocolate racked 8pt out past the ears.damnittttt!!!!!

• Like 9