LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I may do a bit of that myself after lunch, as long as the rain holds off.  I am ok with hunting in the rain, but not fishing when it is comes with cold and wind. If I can catch a 22” smallmouth, I think I can get it mounted cheap, and that will make my father in law very happy.
I have a bunch of 1/8 oz buck tail jugs ready to go. They are usually in shallow and ready for those, when the first good fall cold front hits, and we are about 12 hours into that right now.

Good luck! I was going for large mouths but they are up shallow too and have been hammer top water lately so it’s been a blast catching them. Good way to keep me occupied while I’ve waited for deer to heat up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Another property I hunt these two bucks moving at day light. Is good to get better Moho81
AF96AFB3-1DF8-4541-9565-BD408ED0E653.jpeg.641e4d7a9d67d6673dcc6a9cb1e38e20.jpeg
2255B0D6-6A93-43D1-9E0E-36689897901C.jpeg.1f0ec8679469ad14f79e1eeeca5c33c9.jpeg

I sure hope so. I pulled 2 cards that where out for a week. Between the 2 I have one spike and one fork. That’s it. Not even does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sat for a few hours this morning in the strong wind and decided to go get some yard work done today. Made a circuit to collect the cards from the cameras and was really disappointed in the findings. One little four point shows up on every camera, a unicorn and one nice ten but only once ten days ago and at two in the morning. Lots and lots of doe so I have no doubt that the bucks will be here eventually but I’m trying to limit my hunting time until I’m seeing some nice bucks during hunting hours. Saw a few nice scrapes so things are heating up somewhat. Just need to be patient.

6C73777E-DABF-41C2-A587-3A060835FFAC.jpeg

Today was a bust but it was great to be out for only the second time. Jumped two decent size bucks on the way in but they couldn't get out of there fast enough. Also saw a doe at 50+yards.

With 20 mph winds I scouted two sections of state land I like to hunt.

Not looking good there at all. No tracks to speak of, no rubs, and none of the oak trees have any acorns. Very unusual for that area and to make it worse none of the beech trees are bearing or dropping anything either.

Might be a tough go of it this year on state land but I will give it a try and see what happens since it is still a little early.

• Like 1

Sat for a couple hours. Nice temps, not much wind.  Not a good wind for me, but the temperatures made me want to sit.  Only my fourth sit this season.  Saw a couple red squirrels and a flock of chickadees.  Next to nothing on my cameras. Rain started on the walk out.  Hopefully head to the farm for an afternoon hunt tomorrow.