LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Went for a scouting/hunting walk with bow in hand. Found not much sign but at least I got the first dump in the woods out of the way.  Luckily there are still some green leaves to be found.

Only deer seen were in a field but by the time I snuck close enough even the extra 30 mins of shooting time weren't enough. But I saw my first deer,so thumbs up!

• Like 1

First time in the stand this year. Saw a doe around 5:30 about 80 yards away through the trees. Wind swirled all evening. As I gathered my stuff at the bottom of the tree after getting down I heard at least 6-7 different coyotes sound off. I’ve never seriously tried to call / kill them, but there’s a first time for everything. I know there’s a balance to the herd, but that sounded excessive. Hopefully it’s not a sign of how the season is going to go. 0b3f412b0c4df96229f30f11515f7782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No deer seen while in stand but glassed field adjacent to woods on way out. He’s out there with 4 doe about 150 yards. Magnificent buck. 

How many yards to stalk into your comfort range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like it was an open field

But If the wind was right and buck was focused on does, I bet TF could have taken his boots and walked in socks or crawled to 80yds for a shot

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But If the wind was right and buck was focused on does, I bet TF could have taken his boots and walked in socks or crawled to 80yds for a shot

He was mingling for sure. Field is in neighboring property posted up solid. I’m skirting the line as is. I’m pretty sure he was there the time I saw him before. Was headed that way. Saw bunch of bodies but couldn’t see real well. 

• Like 1

Gonna have to start referring to you as a horn hunter and not a meat hunter!

Haha..no shot! I was hunting the management program that needs does killed more than bucks. Bucks actually don’t count. I see more spikes there than anything. My text with the program manager:
f64c1264cda6e744728cdd297f47a2fe.jpg

• Like 3

Haha..no shot! I was hunting the management program that needs does killed more than bucks. Bucks actually don’t count. I see more spikes there than anything. My text with the program manager:

I bet If that spike had 4-6 more tines you would have shot!

Sounds like a great opportunity for a trophy spike!

Today was a bust. Radar showed rain from Saturday night until 4ish Sunday morning, then a break until 10ish when the rain would resume. Stupid me believed it so was in the stand by 6. Walked in in the rain and told myself 'it's ok, it'll let up'.. 2 hours later and it poured the entire time. Down by 9. No deer seen. On the way home the sun came out and the rest of the day was decent. Ended up apple picking with the kids.

• Like 2

Solid evening. Saw a nice up and comer and my buddy hunting across the street had a buck parade. One of them is a deer we have history with and think is 5. I didn’t see him at all last year and thought he was dead so glad to be able to chase him again. It’s getting warmer but bucks still aren’t too riled up. Lots of scrapes but not much interest in does from the 3+ year olds. Hopefully another week or so

I’d like to go after the 5 year old tomorrow if I can, but not sure if I’ll be able to with work. If not probably won’t be out until the weekend

• Like 1

Buck down .

hit him with my Chevy truck on the way here ….

Saw him running through yards on the other side of the road , I braked just in case then he committed to crossing the road wtf .Braked more moved over , BAM! 

He hit driver side fender / front , slide up the A post over the cab and would have landed in the bed, but there’s a locking metal cover he landed on!

I pull in a driveway grab  flashlight , no buck ,gone . Only damage is driver side mirror and bed cover is pushed in , in one corner .

On stand seeking revenge on all deer !!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 5