LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Just now, Lomax said:

285 but cut into hillside after does.  His MO is to harass a group of does and then MoveOn when they aren’t receptive. Since this weekend the camera show he has been moving day and night especially today in the cold I think tomorrow morning could be epic.  

oh wow. i thought pic was like 100 yards on my phone.

That’s still a little too far with the bow but with a rifle you can see a nice laneway and shoot 400+ yards if you’re able. Last night he circled in behind me in At about 70 yards in some thick stuff behind the Buckform.  He And a few small bucks have been doing this for the past three days now. Hopefully he gets tired and makes a mistake when he’s chasing them by me that’s the plan anyhow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lomax said:

That’s still a little too far with the bow but with a rifle you can see a nice laneway and shoot 400+ yards if you’re able. Last night he circled in behind me in At about 70 yards in some thick stuff behind the Buckform.  He And a few small bucks have been doing this for the past three days now. Hopefully he gets tired and makes a mistake when he’s chasing them by me that’s the plan anyhow

Agree that you will kill him tomorrow

Just got a text from my friend he went to check scrapes real quick he joked he would see his shooter because he forgot his bow.  Well he's standing 65yrds from him with it walking his way and the only way out is right into the field he's in and he doesn't want to bump it.  When I mean big it's this guy.

28309.jpeg

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Agree that you will kill him tomorrow

Perhaps but have sights on different one and it’s early still and have next week off so really looking to see this one up close but not sure yet.  Maybe tomorrow I will catch him closer.  Tomorrow morning is looking excellent for early bow. 

Apparently Sitka camo works well. When the mother asked the dog if it saw a deer I wanted to reply No. didn’t want to give them a heart attack.

Sigh. They have permission to be here. Decided of all days lol.

34F84D92-7AEA-4977-9A2D-7A2DCF4AC083.jpeg

F2ACD724-1EE2-48BB-B9E5-FDBC5DBED947.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Update he's got 3 of his top 5 shooters at 65yrds now with no bow.

Joe and I had this very discussion a few hours ago . Before we sat for the afternoon , he wanted to grab two camera cards.

He said should we bring our bows ?

I said “ I take mine down with me when I get down to take a $&@t !” 

Edited by Nomad
  • Haha 2