LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

We did have a day lighter of one of our shooter bucks yesterday PM. Seems like he was following either a doe or small buck in prior images. Always hate missing those October opps but this one we were DOA, wind straight to him from pretty much the only huntable spot on the parcel due to property lines. No way we would have been able to make a move. Such is life.

First scrape action too in Ohio.

DEED72CE-24B9-4770-A2B8-ADF7056E0005.jpeg

CFB108A1-7D01-4268-A669-D4141FDE2F8D.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 5

Missed yesterday had to drive to Yonkers for business. Saw loads of deer driving 17.
Anyhow back up and in at a crisp 44 degrees and light breeze. Did hit 2 fresh scrapes on my trail in. Hoping for some luck before work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Missed yesterday had to drive to Yonkers for business. Saw loads of deer driving 17.
Anyhow back up and in at a crisp 44 degrees and light breeze. Did hit 2 fresh scrapes on my trail in. Hoping for some luck before work.

Should Have hit up the SENY crew for a beer or even a hunt

• Like 1

Should Have hit up the SENY crew for a beer or even a hunt

It was a 4.5 hour drive in, 1.5 hour meeting and 4.5 hour drive home zip zip in and out! I was too close to that city as it is lol.

I did think off Palisades(so?) parkway looked deery! And is the Pine Bush I passed the “Pine Bush”?

It was a 4.5 hour drive in, 1.5 hour meeting and 4.5 hour drive home zip zip in and out! I was too close to that city as it is lol.

Hahaha I get it…. I’m doing it today… meeting in Boston at 3pm then headed straight home

• Like 1

Sent the wife a text letting her know I'd be heading back to the cabin in about an hour and for the he'll of it checked if I had internet. Yep.

Little breezy up here but nice morning. 3 does and a spike on the drive over, not even a squirrel in the woods.

20211019_083604.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, Chef said:

I will say I used to have land in Sullivan county and it was the only county in the state you could feed out of season…. Don’t know if that is still true or not…

But BIG and J is insane it pulls in deer from near and far better than anything I have ever seen

Big N J smells like beer, matter of fact i think they use the barley discard from brewing

Wierd... In the previous 3-4 days, I woke up to 30+ cell cam pics that were sent overnight. For my area, that's unusual and crazy high activity! This morning, I just had a pic of a doe and fawn!? From 10 cell cams?? WTF? 

Edited by Cabin Fever

20 hours ago, Chef said:

I ignored mine as well and am kicking my self for it, had a beautiful 8 pass by the stand I wanted to sit at around 7. The sad part is the wife woke up with my alarm and told me I would regret going back to sleep.

Boy was she right

I try to remind myself that not that long ago this was opening weekend. It's very early still!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cabin Fever said:

Wierd... In the previous 3-4 days, I woke up to 30+ cell cam pics that were sent overnight. For my area, that's unusual and crazy high activity! This morning, I just had a pic of a doe and fawn!? From 10 cell cams?? WTF? 

i expected more activity today too, but after a busy few days (although no real shooters), it quieted down again on both properties i hunt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

My cams were the busiest I’ve had last night here in the Western part .The bucks seem to be getting bigger on cam each night lol .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

I did think off Palisades(so?) parkway looked deery! And is the Pine Bush I passed the “Pine Bush”?

There is a town called pine bush, I think thats down in the southern county's. Somewhere by Newburgh I think. Then there is the pine bush preserve and that is in albany county.

• Like 2

My cams were the busiest I’ve had last night here in the Western part .The bucks seem to be getting bigger on cam each night lol .
Same in my section of 9H.....one of the big boys we glassed in the neighboring field opening day is not frequenting my hardwoods.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

Had to call it quits my head was pounding for some reason. I did see a fresh scrape line in the same area I shot my doe last year. I’ll be back out there tomorrow right now I need a few aspirins.
1dd94856b29ae2bd2d85f143d2b45375.jpg

Did you ever get your tree hammock seat.  Oddly enough, mine came unhooked from the tree last night, landing me on my butt.  My head was pounding for a while after that as the shock must have transmitted up the spine.  

I am not sure if I had it latched tight prior but I noted one of the teeth broken on the little plastic latch after.  This morning, I piled up leaves under it to break my fall if it let go again.  That worked out well because I was able to silently swivel for a good shot angle on this doe, thanks to the cleared leaves.  The seat held my 210 pounds this morning.

604BEA1C-AE7B-4AC5-9AD5-F7B8DA39F63D.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 7