LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Great night saw this guy at 80 yards away in the woods, I was along the woods edge and a bean field he came out mid woods at 6:00 and stood in one spot for a timed 15 minutes , then was just gone . I watched him through my binoculars and he was watching me … I was totally silhouetted against the bright field . Then two big doe came out into the beans, and walking out there was another feeding in a cut corn field , how  she didn’t hear  me stepping on every stick and tripping as I reached the end of the lane is a mystery.

I passed this buck two years ago ( rifle) at 60 yards as he was on mean Jeans land and she asked I don’t kill deer on her side . One pic is 2019 another this summer .

FC2A29D9-C68D-4839-B997-F9460733853A.png

B2F458EF-BD37-4CC0-805B-E7B1ED293BFB.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Gonna be a long night. Sent one on  big doe about 6:15.  Full pass thru.  Checked arrow and it looks more liver/gut than I like to see.  Went home to let the dog out.  Gonna go back and take a little look and go from there....hoping it down .  Those grim reapers do a job. If not gonna be a longer night of hoping no coyotes.

Good luck Rob!!!

• Like 1

Gonna be a long night. Sent one on  big doe about 6:15.  Full pass thru.  Checked arrow and it looks more liver/gut than I like to see.  Went home to let the dog out.  Gonna go back and take a little look and go from there....hoping it down .  Those grim reapers do a job. If not gonna be a longer night of hoping no coyotes.

Good luck bud! I’m hoping for a quick recovery and a good nights sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fletch said:

It was a 4.5 hour drive in, 1.5 hour meeting and 4.5 hour drive home zip zip in and out! I was too close to that city as it is lol.

I did think off Palisades(so?) parkway looked deery! And is the Pine Bush I passed the “Pine Bush”?

I work a few mins from the Pine Bush exit, damn. 

I had to go back to the blind this am after quartering up my buck as I left some things in there in my excitement. Shoulda brought a damn rifle. Coyote was 50 yards from gut pile, which didn't make sense at first till I saw the two Bald eagles chewing on it! that was cool. I'm not sure ill get out till Friday back in PA with my son for youth hunt. 

• Like 2

I hate typing this but youre all my hunting buddies. I wounded a doe today. Tracked very little blood to @240 yards or so and then just lost it. Started taking trails, I had a friend with me, and also looking for a body in between trails. No luck. No beds. I rarely see my arrow fly but it was a wide open 20 yard shot and I blew it. Id love to say I think she will make it but I truly have no idea. I sent pics to several great hunters and all said the blood looked like liver but there was very little. I gave her four hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I hate typing this but youre all my hunting buddies. I wounded a doe today. Tracked very little blood to @240 yards or so and then just lost it. Started taking trails, I had a friend with me, and also looking for a body in between trails. No luck. No beds. I rarely see my arrow fly but it was a wide open 20 yard shot and I blew it. Id love to say I think she will make it but I truly have no idea. I sent pics to several great hunters and all said the blood looked like liver but there was very little. I gave her four hours

I’ve been lucky to say the least on finding a liver hit deer .A few times barely a drop of blood found .

• Like 1

I had to go back to the blind this am after quartering up my buck as I left some things in there in my excitement. Shoulda brought a damn rifle. Coyote was 50 yards from gut pile, which didn't make sense at first till I saw the two Bald eagles chewing on it! that was cool. I'm not sure ill get out till Friday back in PA with my son for youth hunt. 

Im not sure shooting two bald eagles is something id post on a public forum!

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Is it a job for deer search, just to put your mind at ease? 

Well I missed my week 4 pick . Was a long rough weekend . Hunted with Bill  on Saturday  saw nice buck . Hunt with bow on Sunday  saw turkeys . They didn't come in close  enough for me to send an arrow .  Had to leave early  for a celebration  of  life for the neighbor who passed from covid . Well let me tell you that was the best and most fun I have ever had at a funeral .  They had lots of food and cake a small service . After the  service  man left  the family said some words and brought out a pot of pot . She was a blazer and  they had everyone roll their own joint and the smoked it  for her . Well I didn't  smoke  mine I gave it to hubby and took a hit off his . But I tell you I was so high . 40 people smoking around you . I think I slept the best sleep I have ever had that night . I was out by 730. So I missed my 4 week pick . Today I went out and saw nothing again . Sat at a pinch point around swamp corner and field.  Always this weekend . Or I can try to get out after. Work tomorrow  and Thursday and Friday. 

• Like 9

Late post but hunted 3s management property after school today. Wind was whipping so I tucked into a ledge that holds acorns. At 5;00 winds started to die down at 5:45 I caught motion. Delicious doe! She worked straight to me and at 15 yards she was under a close tree so I drew back. She cleared the tree but was head on-no front pocket shots allowed from climbers. She cooperated and turned to her left and I was able to christen my new to me (courtesy of chef’s need for a new bow) Halon.
504c061af14e2af493fe5fad7a97a680.jpg

4 hours later….
ffa4a2de00df3b685f55406ef586c49e.jpg

I’m going to start a new thread about shot placement and tracking sign since she really threw me off.
Happy to have her and the MEAT she will provide!!!

• Like 39

52 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Late post but hunted 3s management property after school today. Wind was whipping so I tucked into a ledge that holds acorns. At 5;00 winds started to die down at 5:45 I caught motion. Delicious doe! She worked straight to me and at 15 yards she was under a close tree so I drew back. She cleared the tree but was head on-no front pocket shots allowed from climbers. She cooperated and turned to her left and I was able to christen my new to me (courtesy of chef’s need for a new bow) Halon.
504c061af14e2af493fe5fad7a97a680.jpg

4 hours later….
ffa4a2de00df3b685f55406ef586c49e.jpg

I’m going to start a new thread about shot placement and tracking sign since she really threw me off.
Happy to have her and the MEAT she will provide!!!

Congrats Crappy!  Nice doe . We made meat today! 

• Like 2