LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Late post but hunted 3s management property after school today. Wind was whipping so I tucked into a ledge that holds acorns. At 5;00 winds started to die down at 5:45 I caught motion. Delicious doe! She worked straight to me and at 15 yards she was under a close tree so I drew back. She cleared the tree but was head on-no front pocket shots allowed from climbers. She cooperated and turned to her left and I was able to christen my new to me (courtesy of chef’s need for a new bow) Halon.
504c061af14e2af493fe5fad7a97a680.jpg

4 hours later….
ffa4a2de00df3b685f55406ef586c49e.jpg

I’m going to start a new thread about shot placement and tracking sign since she really threw me off.
Happy to have her and the MEAT she will provide!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. You love the full moon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats. You love the full moon!

A.It wasn’t quite full!
B. That effects mornings most
C. Full moon is the only decent beer to drink with a fruit slice
D. FULL moons blow!

Having said that, get it done today and knock down your chocolate rack!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Well I missed my week 4 pick . Was a long rough weekend . Hunted with Bill  on Saturday  saw nice buck . Hunt with bow on Sunday  saw turkeys . They didn't come in close  enough for me to send an arrow .  Had to leave early  for a celebration  of  life for the neighbor who passed from covid . Well let me tell you that was the best and most fun I have ever had at a funeral .  They had lots of food and cake a small service . After the  service  man left  the family said some words and brought out a pot of pot . She was a blazer and  they had everyone roll their own joint and the smoked it  for her . Well I didn't  smoke  mine I gave it to hubby and took a hit off his . But I tell you I was so high . 40 people smoking around you . I think I slept the best sleep I have ever had that night . I was out by 730. So I missed my 4 week pick . Today I went out and saw nothing again . Sat at a pinch point around swamp corner and field.  Always this weekend . Or I can try to get out after. Work tomorrow  and Thursday and Friday. 

Thats how i want to be remembered. Awesome. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rachunter said:

50 degrees light nw wind. heading to the park.I'm going to try and sit in the area i found the scrapes yesterday then slow roll the rest of the creek it is next to.

Congrats guys and Good luck everyone!!!

The wind is from the sw on the nw corner of the park where I am at.  I would prefer that if was from nw because I don’t like going to the same spot on consecutive days.  It will be ok though, if I can catch a bear at that gut pile, or scarfing up my lost heart and liver when I sneak in this morning.  

I am guessing I will run into the two orphan fawns and have to shoo them away.  Just about time to head up.  Good luck to you today.

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Oh shit!!! I had you LAST WEEK
Haha….congrats nonetheless

Yeah I should've got it done last week!  But I guess I was playing defense.

Actually it was pissing me off, didn't hunt for like a week and a half. Paced and bitched all weekend....

Same area as yesterday because on my way walking out I found some fresh rubs, so I set up about 60 yards away from them with a swamp 200 yards to my right. 54, 3mph wind. Calling for rain tomorrow and Friday morning. 

Seemed like it took forever for it to get light out here this morning. 

20211020_074340.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Same area as yesterday because on my way walking out I found some fresh rubs, so I set up about 60 yards away from them with a swamp 200 yards to my right. 54, 3mph wind. Calling for rain tomorrow and Friday morning. 

Seemed like it took forever for it to get light out here this morning. 

20211020_074340.jpg

That looks similar to where I am sitting right now but I didn’t see any rubs, just a bloated doe stomach about 40 yards up wind.  The swamp is 200 yards to my left.  It feels at least 10 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday at this time.

E38A8DA2-693F-4DD7-8823-60B286C19616.jpeg

Edited by wolc123

1 minute ago, Team Hoyt said:

Nothing in 9r. Wasn't expecting much with the full moon last night. But atleast I'm hunting and not working 

I am going to hunt till about 9:30, go down and have brunch, then work driving snow  fence posts the rest of the morning.  

It is looking like it will be a nice afternoon for fishing out on the lake.  Old long tines better show up by 9:30 or he is safe  from me until tomorrow morning.

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

Late post but hunted 3s management property after school today. Wind was whipping so I tucked into a ledge that holds acorns. At 5;00 winds started to die down at 5:45 I caught motion. Delicious doe! She worked straight to me and at 15 yards she was under a close tree so I drew back. She cleared the tree but was head on-no front pocket shots allowed from climbers. She cooperated and turned to her left and I was able to christen my new to me (courtesy of chef’s need for a new bow) Halon.
504c061af14e2af493fe5fad7a97a680.jpg

4 hours later….
ffa4a2de00df3b685f55406ef586c49e.jpg

I’m going to start a new thread about shot placement and tracking sign since she really threw me off.
Happy to have her and the MEAT she will provide!!!

Atta Boy!! Congratulations!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3S: quick hunt before work today. 56° here with a 713am sunrise. Only 6mph W wind thankfully. @crappyice killed my target doe, so I’ll try for a buck so @bfahy13 can score fantasy points.

I'm out. Lone Doe at 658am. Came in perfect, broadside at 22yds then quartering away at 25yds. Wind blowing from her to me. Too bad it wasn't a buck. Sorry @bfahy13

Nothing but flies hit the gut pile up until 9:30 this morning.  I made two last checks for the heart and liver on the walk up and down but no dice.  Back in the house for brunch now.  I will be putting a gallon bag in my pack prior to my next hunt.  Thanks for the reminder Fletch.

E6DBE0A1-8363-4690-B77D-308231CFC714.jpeg

Edited by wolc123

Congrats on punching some tags.

Cams are starting to show bucks moving a bit more - a few daylighters and a few bucks hitting same cams at dark and day. Need a different wind though to hunt those spots, ugh.