LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

33 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

You look really young . What kinda hooks he have ? Bow bird is fantastic. WTG ! 

That is my favorite way to hunt turkeys, but I’m sure as you and many others know,Archery and turkeys can get frustrating

I had him at 10 yards yesterday but there was too much vegetation,If I had the shotgun  he would have been dead but that’s no fun

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

Don't rule out a bad SD card without verifying. New doesn't equate to good. SD cards are the second most common failure after low battery power. The image could be showing bad spots on the disc, and when it writes to that part, you get said image. Poor signal can also do that - which signal can vary from moment to moment. Measurements on the app and cam are point in time, too so don't over-rely on it. I have several places where a cam will work 10 feet from where it won't and then sometimes it'll send and sometimes it won't being on bleeding edge of service, when heavy cloud cover comes in.
CMOS is alot less common - possible, but that isn't something you can fix if it is going bad. I'd look seriously at the first two, first. Treat the troubleshooting like fixing a car, start with the simplest, most common point of failure and then escalate once you have verified. Car won't start, but the battery is new. Do you automatically go to the starter being bad, or do you test the battery first to ensure nothing is wrong with it? You test the battery.
There are a few other much more obscure causes, but not worth pursuing until you rule out #1 and #2. Welcome to cell cams.
*Edit - View the SD card. If the full-size images are on the SD card like that, then the cell reception is OK. Replace the SD card with a new formatted one, and see if the problem persists. If it does, then you are onto more fatal scenarios. If the full size images are OK, then look at cell reception/modem/servers.

You the man, appreciate it. Of course it’s the camera deepest into the bedding that had to act up. I’ll start with the SD card and trouble shoot my way from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Red said:

I had no intentions on hunting today but I just ran out to hang a new cell cam and swap SD cards may as well sit the last 90 minutes

That’s about all I sit in the afternoon .

ive got an almost all white skunk running around my spot , just a little black on the rocker panels .

He’d be a cool mount , but I don’t know what happens when he’s shot, smell wise 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That’s about all I sit in the afternoon .

ive got an almost all white skunk running around my spot , just a little black on the rocker panels .

He’d be a cool mount , but I don’t know what happens when he’s shot, smell wise 

Skin for taxi ,wash ,freeze.good to go 

• Like 1