LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

5 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

You the man, appreciate it. Of course it’s the camera deepest into the bedding that had to act up. I’ll start with the SD card and trouble shoot my way from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your hunting partner mentioned you drew KS. Kill a big one there.

Edited by phade

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice mature bird my man. Congrats again especially with the bow. Middle middle for the shot ? 

Aimed dead center through wing ,cleaning it up I had 4 “ of arrow and broadhead stuck in spine ,guess that’s why he didn’t move much .I’ve had them blow up like a feather bomb from an arrow to running 10’ and dropping dead ,to just taking out feathers and nothing else lol.

This was my first stalked Turkey ,I spotted it entering the woods ,I quickly got up near the point of entry ,got inside the woods and started scanning around ,all the sudden I spotted the bird moving quick away from me  ,I pulled back and sent it .He went 10 yards and dropped .

2F5BF31D-D9BB-4822-AD43-DACA549AB687.jpeg

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The rain has arrived on schedule and I am comfortably nestled in, 40 yards downwind of the Tuesday’s gut pile, up on the ridge.  If that smell don’t draw in a bear, maybe the hot cider will.  

The only thing I know I forgot this morning was my electric tape so I just sacrificed a “little finger condom” from one of my gutting gloves.  

I don’t have enough cash for another butcher fee.  If a bear does show up I am taking the hide, head, and heart out on my first trip, then coming back for the back straps and butt roasts.

I can smell those guts, since the rain has been falling.  Hopefully, a bear can also.

E506FDBA-2EA6-46FC-868D-515F367573A1.jpeg

10 hours ago, phade said:

Ohio pics here but bucks are starting to cover more ground. Same buck, cams are 0.5 miles apart.

What are your thoughts on buck rotating/sharing areas. Last year and this year in one of my spots I noticed a buck will be there several days in a week, then gone because a different one is there. Then that 2nd one is gone and the first one is back. Rarely do they overlap. I'm not talking about 1.5's, but older bucks. Do they feel they can't coexist so they take turns as one runs the other off?

For example this year is still early, but:

• Wide 8pt on cam 9/19 through 10/3. Then no pics.
  • Chocolate 8pt on cam 10/10 through 10/14 and I saw him person on 10/15. Then no pics.
  • Wide 8pt back on cam 10/16 through 10/19 (I checked cam morning 10/20).

Last year example:

• Squiggle brow 8pt on cam 10/6 through 10/11, and I saw him on 10/11. But I also saw a wide 10pt that day.
  • Then starting 10/11 when I saw wide 10pt, i got pics of him 10/11 through 10/22 and zero pics of the aforementioned squiggle brow 8pt. 
  • 11/14 Squiggle 8pt comes back on camera and no more wide 10pt. But 2 other new bucks also arrive (big 7pt. and tighter 10pt). 

51 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What are your thoughts on buck rotating/sharing areas. Last year and this year in one of my spots I noticed a buck will be there several days in a week, then gone because a different one is there. Then that 2nd one is gone and the first one is back. Rarely do they overlap. I'm not talking about 1.5's, but older bucks. Do they feel they can't coexist so they take turns as one runs the other off?

For example this year is still early, but:

• Wide 8pt on cam 9/19 through 10/3. Then no pics.
  • Chocolate 8pt on cam 10/10 through 10/14 and I saw him person on 10/15. Then no pics.
  • Wide 8pt back on cam 10/16 through 10/19 (I checked cam morning 10/20).

Last year example:

• Squiggle brow 8pt on cam 10/6 through 10/11, and I saw him on 10/11. But I also saw a wide 10pt that day.
  • Then starting 10/11 when I saw wide 10pt, i got pics of him 10/11 through 10/22 and zero pics of the aforementioned squiggle brow 8pt. 
  • 11/14 Squiggle 8pt comes back on camera and no more wide 10pt. But 2 other new bucks also arrive (big 7pt. and tighter 10pt). 

There are no fences to home ranges - except maybe hard breaks. Almost all deer will overlap in range with other deer. They may have frequent interaction, some, or next to none. Almost have to picture it like planets revolving around the sun except that each deer has its own sun (core home range). Another example might be like a Venn diagram gone crazy.

• Like 3