LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

A co-worker just punched his tag on a 120" 8 here in Monroe County. Said there was alot of seeking behavior in his area this AM. Bucks roaming and signposting but no major buck/doe interactions.

Edited by phade
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

I try to not get overly excited about night pics... but damn to know he's "in the area" is exciting! I'd for sure fling one over his back while my knees were shaking. 

730 pm, they all bed on this property. I saw him Tuesday morning from the cabin at 7 am.

Nothing in pa this morning couldn't hunt as long as I had hoped brothers surgery was done earlier than expected so I was out of the stand by 830. Going tomorrow morning. 

It's been a rough year to start for me.  I haven't had a deer walk past me in daylight yet.  However it's been very warm and when we do get a cool morning or night I'm I'm work.  I have sometime coming up and have a very itchy trigger finger.

• Like 1

I heard the sound of 4 different large things moving earlier this morning but nothing in the last hour.  Two were in the thick brush to my left, one was over the ravine to the right of the broken pine upwind of me, and the last was in the short scrub pine to my right.

No idea what any of them were, but all sounded bigger than squirrels.  A single red was the only game I have actually seen this morning.  The temps are in the lower 40’s and I am going to give it another 1/2 hour.  

I lasted until 10:30 before picking up the phone anyhow.  That was a lot easier when I was hearing big stuff moving around close by.  

D1068AFA-2414-446B-8BAD-28FCDA5A2840.jpeg

94E9A44B-6988-4550-92C1-CD49821AE918.jpeg

Have to work so climbed down. Went to step over a squishy mud puddle , look up and oops 3 good doe staring at me at 40. They gently booted. Half ass tails up. Walked another 125 yards and there they were feeding in corner of the field. Current temp of 47. Wish I could have stayed all day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I'm ready and raring to get out for the first time tomorrow!! 

Got a very twitchy trigger finger, and and an empty freezer, from not shooting one last year.

Not gonna be as selective this year!!!

Good luck, I will be out also. Hope fully the buck get the memo and want to dance.

• Like 1

Holding out for another 30-40 minutes and then heading in for lunch. Damn you Hunters Moon!!!

Hahha…full moon is over!! Time for another excuse- might I suggest my favorites when I am unsuccessful- October Lull or Lockdown(too soon!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Didn’t want to use this lame homemade cam mount my hunting partner made. He insisted. LOL. At least we will fix it tomorrow.

This guy has daylighted on two cams in the morning back to back within 10 yards of our stands there. Risky business.

8F6B4221-5BCF-447B-A56D-810ED444E7CF.png

0CC6EE35-4616-4709-8343-20E6B44E857E.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 5

I’m at work but my two boys went out in the am. Older one saw three doe 45 yds. Younger guy saw 3 does 20 yards and a lamb at 5 yards. Rain chased them in for now. No bucks but they saw a couple of bucks driving around during daylight. A good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to hit my opening day spot again.  I'll sneak in early tomorrow setup well before daylight. I'll be really close on the wind but I was on the opener and still had one of the big boys come in the dark and bed right behind me. I can only sit until 9-930 but I hope I don't need that much time.