LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Great night with a disappointing ending. Had deer in the corn behind me all afternoon but that’s not my property so all I could do was watch and listen as they crunched corn and chased each other back and forth. Around 6:30, a nice 8 point came out of the field and right down the trail I was sitting on. Perfect setup and poor execution. I had him at 17 yards and he had no idea I was on him but I made a bad aim, too high for the duck that I knew was coming. He was so fast that all I got was a bit of hair. Rough first shot with the new bow. Nothing more disappointing than an arrow in the ground that never touched a deer. Long, slow walk back to the house……

One of my shooters day lighted tonight but I was on another farm dealing with a trespassing issue. I at least got to watch him an hour after this pushing some deer around a half mile away. Better luck tomorrow hopefully. Glad to see big bucks getting on their feet 682c68eea4767941a2036b66602e2c48.jpg
538019d42cdbc1005f65a41e6d3af74a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

5 hours ago, biggamefish said:

Just watched a deer eat some mushrooms. Must be heading to one of those crazy parties tonight.

First time I have seen them eat shrooms.

I saw deer doing that too! 

Stop watching and shoot! I got you picked this week buddy!....lol

• Like 2

Morning or afternoon tomorrow??  Low tonight 37.  High 53.  Winds light and variable.  S-sw I’m the morning, n-mw in the afternoon.  Stand location can be hunted in either wind. I either hunt in the morning and mow til dark, or start mowing in the morning and hunt from about 3 til dark. What do you pick???  I’m torn.  Only seen 2 deer this year.  All from this spot.  Both bucks.  In the afternoon.  But with the temps in the morning and I just ran to my brothers and then my parents and the deer are out moving.

Edited by boo711

Live from the roads. I was a good friend tonight and ventured out to celebrate a good friends birthday. Just got home (12:30am). Deer are everywhere including a stud of a 6 point in the front yard of suburban Cheektowaga home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Live from the roads. I was a good friend tonight and ventured out to celebrate a good friends birthday. Just got home (12:30am). Deer are everywhere including a stud of a 6 point in the front yard of suburban Cheektowaga home.

Almost whacked a bunch on 20a

Sipping some joe and decided to jump in for a “Quickie” this am. Heading to Boston via Antrack as my wife and kid are already there for The Head of the Charles regatta. I’d it’s gonna happen today it needs to happen fast as I need any kill quarter and hung in the fridge by about 2:00.
Make Meat!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Sipping some joe and decided to jump in for a “Quickie” this am. Heading to Boston via Antrack as my wife and kid are already there for The Head of the Charles regatta. I’d it’s gonna happen today it needs to happen fast as I need any kill quarter and hung in the fridge by about 2:00.
Make Meat!!!!!

Thats what i like to hear!!!!!need mo points!!

Up having coffee.calm and brrrrrr out here

• Like 1

Up and at em. Brief sir this AM. Light winds. Boo.

Saw 11 last night. Nine doe and two little guys. Shooter from afar got up and heade SW toward me but never made himself known after he dipped low behind a roll in the land.

Sitting a couple easy access spots where we can also glass. Then to Ohio. We are way behind stand setting (for long term). Going to hunt pm there with stands on back and leave the for the season. I have one ridge that believe is a funnel due to fencing and a field narrowing the woods to 100 yards. 

Almost everyone I know in my close circle at work and home have a scratchy throat. Woke up to one. Not sure if allergies or what. Fine otherwise. But my managers, hunting partner, family, etc. 

May the thermals be in your favor this morning. Gonna need them.

Edited by phade

1 hour ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Counting down the last 90 minutes here at work can't wait to get out on watch. Going to be a nice morning up on the Tug at 32 degrees for the rifle opener. Good luck to those heading out.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I can light up a buck or bear with my fiber optic sighted 30/30 up over here in the Fine town in just 88 minutes.  How the heck is a guy supposed to sleep. 

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1