LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Hopefully, us rifleman will give the southern zone bow hunters a run for their money on the forum this frosty morning.  I can’t get Chuck Conner’s theme song out of my head right now, as I get ready to load up my Marlin 336 in another 23 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Shadd Rapp said:

First rifle opener on the new property! Have 4 of us out here. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 degrees in the 716. Headed in. Bold move today. From the ground ! Little camo tripod seat and going to get in between stand I sit and corner of field they enter / exit. Hopefully find a good sized blow down as backdrop . I’ll send it on a doe but looking for that buck. If she’s not looking over her shoulder I’ll make meat. Good luck everyone 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, phade said:

Almost everyone I know in my close circle at work and home have a scratchy throat. Woke up to one. Not sure if allergies or what. Fine otherwise. But my managers, hunting partner, family, etc. 

mrs nomad was just sick for two weeks, cough , hard to breath ( she has copd) , on the bright side she lost 7# . I never got it due to my superior conditioning and immune system . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

42 degrees in the 716. Headed in. Bold move today. From the ground ! Little camo tripod seat and going to get in between stand I sit and corner of field they enter / exit. Hopefully find a good sized blow down as backdrop . I’ll send it on a doe but looking for that buck. If she’s not looking over her shoulder I’ll make meat. Good luck everyone 

Good luck TF and everyone else who is out.  Living through you all this morning.  Dealt with an emergency vet visit/surgery/bill the last couple days.  Hoping to get out this evening.  I may also break out the tripod stool to get the wind in my favor.  

• Like 1

Playing it safe this morning in a pretty low impact spot. Should see a lot but probably not in bow range. Awfully tempting to get more aggressive with how much they are moving but I don’t trust the wind and have been burned too many times with these light and variable winds. Good luck to everyone

• Like 1

Exhilarating. Keep the bow across your lap. It happens fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heading to 3N this morning. 44° with a 716am sunrise and minimal winds (4mph N).

Seen 5 deer driving here and I rarely see deer. Got a little rain but it stopped. Under 2 minutes after getting in blind I heard a deer coming right at me. Leaves were Super loud before the rain. It got within 20yds but it was like 630am and so dark. I had it in binocs the whole time and didn't see a rack so maybe doe or small buck. Nice start to the morning

• Like 1

Got in very early but not early enough pushed a 4pt out on my way in…. Then just at shooting light the rain started… the oak I’m under is keeping me pretty dry.

Wife just texted and said the kids woke up with a cold.

I had high hopes for today but they are fading fast

• Like 1

Off to a decent start anyhow.  My old pickup fired up and got me into position downwind of the “buck bedroom”.  

It just reached sunrise and I am in position in my tree hammock chair.  I will try and sit here until about 10.  Hopefully the wind changes from ne to nw by then and I can still hunt my way into the bedroom.  

If they don’t come to me before  that then I will go where I think they may be holed up.  One thing is certain, this little Marlin 30/30 is way better for carry duty than scoped T/C Omega that I have been lugging around all week.

1E685562-A201-48BA-873D-6A935D832418.jpeg

Edited by wolc123

Just had three mature bucks fighting in the field I’m on. Two are shooters for me and the other one we are trying to get my buddy’s son on. The closest one got is 70 yards. Hopefully come back out, wind isn’t right for me to call to them unfortunately

cd42e67c83dd71da4c701afecbc03177.jpg

• Like 9

Just had three mature bucks fighting in the field I’m on. Two are shooters for me and the other one we are trying to get my buddy’s son on. The closest one got is 70 yards. Hopefully come back out, wind isn’t right for me to call to them unfortunately

cd42e67c83dd71da4c701afecbc03177.jpg

Must be nice!

• Like 2