LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Passed on a lone doe , even though I said first close one gets it . After all these years I still have trouble sizing up single does , she wasn’t giant nor tiny , I just wasn’t sure . 

man I’m over dressed ! 

• Like 1

Passed on a lone doe , even though I said first close one gets it . After all these years I still have trouble sizing up single does , she wasn’t giant nor tiny , I just wasn’t sure . 

man I’m over dressed ! 

I won’t shoot a lone doe for just that reason. I’ve been fooled too many times and end up killing a small one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

man I’m over dressed ! 

I’ve read before a line “doe” this time of year could be a Button buck.  Bigs boys don’t want him around and neither do the does.  I will let them walk in case it is a BB.  And I agree, single deer without headgear can be tough to size up sometimes.  Especially when you forget your glasses.  Lol

• Like 2

Heavy chasing going down.  Good 8 and 3 pt moving the girls around probing the bedding spots and grunting up a storm.  Cameras tell me this was buck went past me in greylight. A good one but after another that still haven’t got a pic of yet. 

9A682CD1-5DFD-4E5F-A900-CA1D87F603EA.png

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

man I’m over dressed ! 

I have the same problem, especially when I travel down to Letchworth. They are a little smaller down there on average.

Not as much of a problem when I'm on the ground.

I've passed up numerous ones thinking they are small and then the fawn comes out..Dam! Then the next time I shoot the fawn thinking it's bigger..;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I always look at the nose. If it looks long you should be good. Short noses equal small deer. 

Look at the placement of the eyes in relation to the nose and ears.   If the ryes are in the “center” of the head, it a fawn.  If the eyes are closer to the ears, it’s meat.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Look at the placement of the eyes in relation to the nose and ears.   If the ryes are in the “center” of the head, it a fawn.  If the eyes are closer to the ears, it’s meat.  

9 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I always look at the nose. If it looks long you should be good. Short noses equal small deer. 

I know. I know. lol. I still seem to mess it up...They are all delicious though.

• Like 1

Just had a number one shooter buck walk through field with the doe   About 300 yards away just to the left of the blind gonna have to come up with a strategy and get in there without spooking him. He was the fifth buck I saw in about does this morning quite a bit of Chasing 7E53AB75-6663-491F-A1A8-385823638467.thumb.jpeg.2fd3c5f748ba1023d70e3b318329d752.jpeg

• Like 3

Ooof just saw a boner buck, crossed 100 yards behind me in the creek bottom. He was coming from the direction of one of my other stands I shoulda been in. I hope I see him again… closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1