LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Pretty spot here to watch the sun come up here in 6c.  I didn’t pack enough warm clothes for the temps in the lower 40’s and was needing a belly warmer.

The hot cider did the trick and all is well now (other than a lack of deer action).

B7FE9DE5-6770-42F2-8D0D-728619EE65CD.jpeg

D6060769-1997-4B2A-AD49-35691DDCA610.jpeg

5 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

How do you like it. Been wanting to give it a shot but I'm scared I'll screw something up lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I like that fact that I can be mobile with it.  This is my second season hunting with and I love it. The only draw back it that is expensive, but worth the investment :) 

Well since it don’t look like nothing is coming to me this morning, I am going in after them for a bit. 

One last cup of cider, then I am packing my chair, throwing a piss, and heading into the bush. Too nice of a day to lounge around any longer.  I got fish to catch and lunch to eat.

C2FD52C8-0474-4C43-A1CC-CAB701009188.jpeg

• Like 2

Well since it don’t look like nothing is coming to me this morning, I am going in after them for a bit. 

One last cup of cider, then I am packing my chair, throwing a piss, and heading into the bush. Too nice of a day to lounge around any longer.  I got fish to catch and lunch to eat.

C2FD52C8-0474-4C43-A1CC-CAB701009188.thumb.jpeg.003a29347d58c0e7401a9870c0148616.jpeg

Ah I thought you were headed home to head to some bush before I finished reading the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I underestimated my clothing I needed this morning! Uninsulated pants with thing base layer and thin merino wool shirt and thin vest weren’t enough after my 2 mile hike in the dark. Found a crazy amount of buck sign a couple days ago so got in there in the dark but only made it 2 hours! Too crunchy and calm to still hunt This early. So back at camp getting some chores done before it gets serious in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed plans after moving about a hundred yards to the west.  The wind is from the right direction now but way to slow to cover my sound thru the fast drying leaves and branches.  

I happened across the tree that I shot my last Adirondack buck from back in 16, and had a 15 yard encounter with a much bigger one last year, on this date.  I am that much closer to my truck, and strapped to that tree again now, until I quit for lunch around 12:15

The buck in 16 came along just to the left of that big dark pine.  That was on the Saturday after Thanksgiving when there was snow, which makes killing bucks and up here at least 10 times easier.

I am still trying to kill my first without snow on the ground.  If it don’t happen in the next hour it probably wont this year.  Tomorrow morning I am going for bear.

C04BB0BD-2367-43A5-9D27-0DCACD89B353.jpeg

Edited by wolc123