LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

13 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Those don’t look like turkeys to me but I’ll trust your judgement you are Turkeyfeathers after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the problem with the current administration’s open border policy down south, is that more and more of those Mexican turkeys are showing up near our northern border. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Took a video of the 7pt working my mock scrape this morning. Right before I thought about starting the video, he was standing on his back legs rubbing his head on the over hanging branch.

VIDEO

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jc6oWEMddVLaGAsp7

Very cool 

• Like 1

Morning summary: saw 18 on the way in including a nice buck. Was in stand by 6. At 6:07 i hear something walking toward me crunching through the beans. At that point it was so dark with the cloud cover that i just saw a black blob against a gray background. It stopped about 10yds from my stand, but i couldn't tell if it was a deer or a bear. No actual bear in this area. It was definitely a deer. I'm just making the point that it was dark. It then crossed my tail that i just walked in on without spooking. Another nod for evercalm! Then at 710 i saw a deer 200 yds away moving from left to right. I hit the pig and made it grunt, but the buck didn't stop. Then the rain came. Forecast called for only a 5% chance, but it rained a steady cold rain that i wasn't dressed for. By 930 I'd had enough and worked my way back to the car.

Took a video of the 7pt working my mock scrape this morning. Right before I thought about starting the video, he was standing on his back legs rubbing his head on the over hanging branch.

VIDEO

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jc6oWEMddVLaGAsp7

Cool. Live scrapes are the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought for sure some bucks would be dropping this morn. 
I have the least amount of buck pics on our spot ever this year. Hoping that picks up.  
6 cam pulls and one buck pic.  At least it's recent - yesterday. Meets my minimum 5 points there. 
IMG_20211023_121708509.thumb.jpg.18db3c8b30e881cfa0fbcfd792a7191a.jpg
IMG_20211023_121635726.thumb.jpg.a1d19f1b7fc0dce36c35d8e7020dc18e.jpg

That’s a interesting rule

It always seemed like there was a ton of 4 pointers and I just got so I said I was passing all of them. Lol so it just kinda stuck.  

Hahaha makes sense, I have a 4 that’s been hanging around the past few days just can’t bring myself to do it

• Like 1

I was in the tree from 6:30-11:00 this morning. Saw 2 spikes. But also saw 4 scrapes and a dink run that were not there last weekend. Probably just the spikes/forkies that I have on trail cam. But it’s still to see things starting to get better. Plan on going out Sunday night on a neighbors property. I’ve never hunter there and have no cameras so it’s kind of a shot in the dark but I’m looking forward to it. Good luck out there this weekend!