LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I'm in 1c for the evening watch, 62 deg. Light NW wind. Only freshish sign I saw was a rub in front of another hunter's stand. I don't sit other people's stand, although it is technically allowed. I am a hoping where I set up I can intercept the buck going to the rub.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What a dumb ass!! Been sitting in the stand geared up and ready for action for the past ~45 min! Something didn’t look right, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it… Then it dawned on me! My bow wasn’t on the hanger!! It was still dangling on the rope 15’ below me! F!!! That would have made a memorable hunt if a target buck stepped out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

What a dumb ass!! Been sitting in the stand geared up and ready for action for the past ~45 min! Something didn’t look right, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it… Then it dawned on me! My bow wasn’t on the hanger!! It was still dangling on the rope 15’ below me! F!!! That would have made a memorable hunt if a target buck stepped out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever sit for an hour and realize your release still attached to bow ? Ya , me either lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Back up ! It rained while I was gone , now the suns out . I’m at the top of the “ slope “60 yards off the green field they come up the slope and stage here last light.

I hope they know the plan .

93A5D1CF-F90B-4F3E-AA13-76AC8ECB2825.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Ever sit for an hour and realize your release still attached to bow ? Ya , me either lol. 

Had all my stuff in truck to stop on way home from work yesterday to hunt.  Go to change and get ready and realize I had no pants. Lol 

Well hunting pants at least. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I don't get it this year. Pulled another cam this pm. Not a.single buck. .and this is where the 3 pt was like every day, and got pic of a big 6 before season.  No one has hunted this spot at all yet.  Least bucks I've ever seen on this property.  And you can't say it's because we keep shooting them.  We've taken one.accidental button out of here in the last 3 years.  Quite a few does.  It's weird. 

19 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I don't get it this year. Pulled another cam this pm. Not a.single buck. .and this is where the 3 pt was like every day, and got pic of a big 6 before season.  No one has hunted this spot at all yet.  Least bucks I've ever seen on this property.  And you can't say it's because we keep shooting them.  We've taken one.accidental button out of here in the last 3 years.  Quite a few does.  It's weird. 

Have the same problems 

Ended up busting a ton of doe where I wanted to sit so I ended up at the food plot. Finally saw my first set of horn’s. Small 10pt that just needs another yr for me. Wish this guy came Columbus day weekend for my son.

9CE0A595-99FE-4660-B647-CD6862ED5C47.png

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, cbandjkcustoms said:

Have the same problems 

It's just very strange this year.  We have always had more bucks than does , even though most of them weren't big.  This time last year we had 8 bucks on cams . This year 3 and two of those we've only got one day of.  Dunno but hope some of the ladies draw something in.  Esp weird since we do have a decent amount of does this year. 

Would say glad I'm not alone but hope you get some more bucks filtering in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It's just very strange this year.  We have always had more bucks than does , even though most of them weren't big.  This time last year we had 8 bucks on cams . This year 3 and two of those we've only got one day of.  Dunno but hope some of the ladies draw something in.  Esp weird since we do have a decent amount of does this year. 

Would say glad I'm not alone but hope you get some more bucks filtering in. 

How often do you check your cameras? 

18 minutes ago, Zag said:

Ended up busting a ton of doe where I wanted to sit so I ended up at the food plot. Finally saw my first set of horn’s. Small 10pt that just needs another yr for me. Wish this guy came Columbus day weekend for my son.

9CE0A595-99FE-4660-B647-CD6862ED5C47.png

You're idea of a small 10 and my idea of a small 10 are quite different.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1