LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

It was 30 degrees when I walked up the ridge to the vicinity of Tuesday’s gut pile (thats a boulder in the picture, not it) by moonlight.  My seat was strapped to this tree 1/2 hour before sunrise.  This is the first hard frost of the year, up here in wmu 6c.

I have (4) in the tube, (1) in the chamber, my safety off, and my trigger half cocked, as I sit here waiting on a bear.  

353E16FE-0887-428D-A8C3-89B5731B4F38.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I just heard a shot from across the lake.  That is the first one I heard in the last 9 days up here, besides my own last Tuesday morning.

The crows have found the gut pile. Hopefully, their squaking will draw in mr bear.

Edited by wolc123

Nice buck walked by about 5 minutes before it was light enough to shoot (for me atleast). I saw his rack in binos as he left through a small field. Always something. Not meant to be. Also confirmed that he doesn't give a shit about black widow doe piss or me grunting.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

It’s my son’s birthday, so I’m sitting today out.  He and I just took a ten minute drive to look for bucks and we saw at least 7 of them from spikes to giant 8 pointers.  Some chasing, some roaming solo with their nose to the ground.  This looks like the perfect morning, good luck all.