LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Just had a good encounter with what I would say is a buck people go to Ohio for. Darn thing stuck tight to a marsh/pond and followed the curve just out of range at 50 at his closest. No chance for a shot. That got the ol ticker pumping.

I got in at legal shooting time, not my favorite but the weather covered the sounds and I’m about as far into a big block of timber as I have been since I was a teen. Hopefully something more comes by or he comes back (prefer him).

• Like 6

I made into the tree smoothly this morning. I had Frost on my windshield and it is foggy here. Feels very deery,but so far only the squirrels woke up and I don't know what made a ruckus in a tree about 30 yds from,a call I have never heard before. I am thinking fisher...

20211024_080406.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Funny how some areas in the state can be so hot with rut activity, yet seemingly void of rut activity in others! Well, NOT so funny if you’re in an area with no activity… But, out turns coming!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive bow hunted not far from you for 32 or 33 years, I’d be ok if bow season started around Halloween .

4 minutes ago, Shadd Rapp said:

70796c789f14d942d0ac198c81c54011.jpg
Doe tag filled! 6K. My first deer on MY property! What a great feeling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats she’s a fat one to boot.  Yes it’s great taking the 1st deer on property you own.   First of many more   
good hunting 

• Like 1

It it turns out I am a little closer to the gut pile than I wanted to be.  That’s it 10 yards over my right shoulder.    It was not easy navigating in the moonlight this morning.

That explains why the two crow scouts flew away rather than landed on it earlier.  They must have spotted the orange hat hanging from a branch above my head.

I can only give mr bear another half hour or so to show up.  My 9 day vacation up north is fast drawing to a close and I am on a tight schedule today.

D3A84146-741C-45A5-93A0-BCB7EBA2F666.jpeg

• Like 1

First sit yesterday on my new 150 acres i bought up in 6k. Saw a bunch of doe. Couple small bucks. Got the plots in late but they were eating heavy in them. Purple top turnips..winter peas and over seeded with wheat

morning and evening sit from different box blinds

55F1AC4A-0AB3-4E8E-9A20-FE106CED413E.jpeg

8D7F67AB-D944-47F7-9236-32CBE7315962.jpeg

AB5CDF5A-EF1E-46EB-A2C0-46FFD6F24687.jpeg

1CA489E2-AE54-4687-9BC2-28F926071B8B.jpeg

• Like 20