LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

6 hours ago, NonTypical said:

Well it ended for me as fast as it started. I finally got out this past weekend for 2 afternoon hunts. Saturday was a little better for me as I passed on 2 young bucks. However, due to an equipment failure at work Monday morning, I had to get medi-vacced to the hospital with a couple of broken ribs and some internal bleeding. I’m home now, but everything is a very slow go for me at his point. I’ll be watching from the sidelines and hopefully will be able to get out in the next few weeks. Good luck to everyone that will be getting out. After this rain passes, I think we should be in for some really good hunts. 

That sucks!!! Glad you are going to be ok. Happy that you have started down the road to recovery, and hope you heal up fast and fully. In the meantime, we will try to keep you involved by taking you out with us in this thread!

• Like 2

Finally a break from the rain! The next few days look good, clear and cool. I'm watching from the office today, but will be out for a PM sit tomorrow. This is the spot where the landowner passed on a big 8 several times last year so that I could get a shot at it. Didn't see anything when I was there last weekend, but I'll be back in tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, grampy said:

You feeling good enough yet to get after him??

Thanks for asking but no, third day of being full blown sick. Started going downhill during the weekend but not better yet. Would have likely gotten out tonight here in NY but I'm not even remotely feeling up to it. 

11 minutes ago, phade said:

Thanks for asking but no, third day of being full blown sick. Started going downhill during the weekend but not better yet. Would have likely gotten out tonight here in NY but I'm not even remotely feeling up to it. 

I was negative on my first test too……just saying.  Lol

1 minute ago, phade said:

Being sick at this time of year only compounds how bad you feel!!   Believe me I know.

After your injury a couple years ago, you also know that all too well.

Wishing you a full, and speedy recovery my friend.

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I was negative on my first test too……just saying.  Lol

Yeah, I have a doc appt scheduled for tomorrow PM. Suckssssss.

Even more knowing we got ours at the same place/general time.

Edited by phade

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

Being sick at this time of year only compounds how bad you feel!!   Believe me I know.

After your injury a couple years ago, you also know that all too well.

Wishing you a full, and speedy recovery my friend.

It's all good. I am alot more patient as time goes by. I do hope to be capable of a Saturday hunt. Winds are looking right for the stand I moved this past Sunday after watching a mature buck go by twice on the same trail.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, phade said:

Yeah, I have a doc appt scheduled for tomorrow PM. Suckssssss.

Even more knowing we got ours at the same place/general time.

Running a temperature?

I didn’t think dr offices wanted to see sick people anymore?!?!

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Running a temperature?

I didn’t think dr offices wanted to see sick people anymore?!?!

I check a few times but came back normal temp.

My doc is awesome. She called in a prescription two weeks ago for my wife while she was out on vacation for the week. We didn’t even ask her to, and she physically ordered it in, as our app dinged and she sent my wife a message. Beyond satisfied with her over the past 3-4 years. She will also call me out on my BS if I fail to do something/don't take action. Not that it matters too much but she is also younger than my wife and I, as we're starting to cross that threshold. It gives me just a little bit of confidence this world isn't completely screwed after my generation has gone down the road.

Edited by phade

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Do you know the difference between  an oral thermometer and rectal thermometer ......

the taste. 

Godspeed to you and mama and you can get out in a stand soon!

We use one of those heat guns, lol. My wife owns a daycare so there is a bit of an arsenal here with that type of stuff.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, biggamefish said:

I bet this is someone we know on the forum trying to stir thing up!! Made a new handle and posted. Best way to remedy this is not to respond!! Anyway Congrats BELO on the deer and Welcome aboard 8FHUNTER.

Dont worry, I’ll figure out who it is when I have a little free time to look at IP addresses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, phade said:

Get off that boat! It's deer season.

Hahahaha. I havent even bought my license yet. I’m having shoulder problems this year that stopped me from shooting my bow, which took the wind out of my sails. Between work, looking for a better gig, Evans hockey and hunting 5+lb smallies, I havent done anything on the hunting front yet. Doesn’t help that I didnt find a lease this summer because I spent my time fishing. 

…maybe that boat is ruining me. Hahaha

• Like 2

Hahahaha. I havent even bought my license yet. I’m having shoulder problems this year that stopped me from shooting my bow, which took the wind out of my sails. Between work, looking for a better gig, Evans hockey and hunting 5+lb smallies, I havent done anything on the hunting front yet. Doesn’t help that I didnt find a lease this summer because I spent my time fishing. 

…maybe that boat is ruining me. Hahaha
That's not always a bad problem(the boat)......5+ smallies is always fun! But be careful....those suckers will jack up a shoulder.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1