LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

You'll certainly get more chances my friend. Maybe even another one Tonite!  

I am def not holding up my end here. I got into ground blind on edge and neighbor out shooting into his berm about 250 yards away. No not my direction. ......but so much for any action Tonite 

Good luck on that buck , sounds like he is zoned into the girls!

Sorry to hear that Rob perhaps the neighbors will stir something up.  I am sitting here listening to this dominant buck grunt his head off   Heard 12 so far guess she is bedded in planes and he’s tending. 2 small bux came through but hustled away.  Where she goes he goes cmon ruby radish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Sorry to hear that Rob perhaps the neighbors will stir something up.  I am sitting here listening to this dominant buck grunt his head off   Heard 12 so far guess she is bedded in planes and he’s tending. 2 small bux came through but hustled away.  Where she goes he goes cmon ruby radish. 

Sucks about the miss, but sounds like a really fun hunt!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Awesome action going on there. Better shoot him before the missing link buck shows up!  

• Haha 1

The adventure started around 4:45.....put an almost perfect stalk on a group of doe at the opposite end of grapes.... they busted us after we closed to under 35 yards and I was waiting at full darw for the one to clear the row my sin and I were using for cover.....now we moved on to our double ladder stand and the field behind us is covered in doe feeding. One clown has entered the picture and is bumping them all over the place. Lost count at 10+ in the field.579fd43b9170766802a7aa1f2c7089d8.jpg04c5d28a7ca69f005c9a1c6922f2f7b0.jpgcf5cb8c79ebcb5d6351e439b48bb6cf6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 19

Fun hunt tonight.  Finally saw one of the big boys in daylight.  A big 8 stepped into the field about 80 yards away to check out a small buck that was harassing a doe.  He then quickly decided it’s too early in the season to be in the wide open so he went right back into the thick stuff.  I ended up passing on a spike and two does because they were by themselves and looked small.  I suck a judging doe size unless it’s a really big doe.

A8860075-3BF0-49FE-873A-FA75638B40DF.jpeg

• Like 6

So ,last light in cut beans 80 or so,yards out yong buck harassing a couple doe . Walked out of woods into green field a decent buck grazing a 100 yards out or so .

Best news I found a spot I could cross the ditch 30 yards from normal spot ! 

Back I stand in 11 hours !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So ,last light in cut beans 80 or so,yards out yong buck harassing a couple doe . Walked out of woods into green field a decent buck grazing a 100 yards out or so .

Best news I found a spot I could cross the ditch 30 yards from normal spot ! 

Back I stand in 11 hours !

That’s a lot better than having to walk 400 yards or possibly being swept away in your waders.  Seems like a pretty good movement this afternoon if this is the year of the trickle rut It seems like someone kick started it in the past day or so good luck tomorrow

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lomax said:

That’s a lot better than having to walk 400 yards or possibly being swept away in your waders.  Seems like a pretty good movement this afternoon if this is the year of the trickle rut It seems like someone kick started it in the past day or so good luck tomorrow

Thanks .

For me everything was last light , I’m not a big fan of that .

What do you guys think, rattling antlers for an afternoon sit or no?
Only time I ever blindly rattled in a buck it was Oct 5th. I just tickled them to sound like light sparring. Never had it work during pre rut or rut but that's just me

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Today kicks off my vacation.... my well-deserved-vacation, might I add! :declare: In the next 33 days, I'm only working 3 days! My area isn't showing squat for deer activity, let alone rut activity yet, on cam or from the stand. Been out 8 times so far, but have only seen 2 deer! My 10 cell cams have barely had a pulse in the past 10 days or so. Before that, they were on fire with several big bucks on cam moving through, probably taking inventory. Hunting in a funnel between ag fields, so when things heat up, I should be in the money when bucks are cruising. Just going on faith this year, as this is my first year hunting this property during bow. Hunt Hard or Go Home!!

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 9