LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

28 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Just passed a lone doe.  Apologies to Lomax and Cynthia for no points. Crappy for no meat and Moho for no shot!  

Hoping for a buck to follow

and a proud Biz. Make INCHES

Just passed a lone doe.  Apologies to Lomax and Cynthia for no points. Crappy for no meat and Moho for no shot!  
Hoping for a buck to follow

I can’t even with you right now!

Here I am sitting in my office trying to figure out how I’m going to hunt in a rain storm on flooded land this weekend and here you are PASSING on a doe.

LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Update from last evening.....it was on like Donkey Kong on the property I was hunting. Deer freaking everywhere. Between 5-6pm a big bodied 4pt. With no brows was pushing ladies around the field for well over 45 minutes. Well nothing made its way towards us so we got out of the hard words and encountered more deer back in the grapes. Well with the extra 1/2 hr. My son decided we needed to put another stalk on a nice doe.....what we didn't calculate was the 2 or 3 other deer milling about the various grape rows. All in all a fun night.... we are getting closer by the day on connecting.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Loaded up my gear and a cord of wood for my brother.  Headed to the farm for the rest of the day and tomorrow.  Work, weather and an emergency with one of our pets has kept me out of the woods.  I will go check the few cams I have running and look for fresh sign.  Bringing a new cam to hang on the freshest sign.  I'm hoping to see some pre-rut action.  There is a bit of nervousness at my house over the state of our venison supply, so I may take a doe if I get a clear opportunity.  Good luck to everyone.  

28 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Update from last evening.....it was on like Donkey Kong on the property I was hunting. Deer freaking everywhere. Between 5-6pm a big bodied 4pt. With no brows was pushing ladies around the field for well over 45 minutes. Well nothing made its way towards us so we got out of the hard words and encountered more deer back in the grapes. Well with the extra 1/2 hr. My son decided we needed to put another stalk on a nice doe.....what we didn't calculate was the 2 or 3 other deer milling about the various grape rows. All in all a fun night.... we are getting closer by the day on connecting.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

My uncle managed a vineyard back in late 90’s  , it was some of the best hunting ever . Tons of deer and turkeys every year . Didn’t hurt either the owner wanted them  all shot and had lots of nuisance tags 

Edited by rob-c

I didn't get out yesterday at all,but today the afternoon is mine! Why else am I self employed if I can't take advantage of it once in a while. 

I will try to get out real early to scout some as the property is new to me. I may sit at the edge of a hay field that I have seen does in most evenings on my way home from work. 

If I find hot sign I will sit there. I will take a doe or buck or both if given a chance. Time to get one hanging.

• Like 1

On my way out this morning, I noticed a fresh scrape that I knew wasn't there yesterday when I walked by. First scrape I've seen this year! Ironically, I had a cam facing that exact spot! Got home and checked the SD card and there's the piebald making the scrape! He conveniently made the scrape 20 yards from a stand for me too! Hopefully it'll draw more attention for me! LOL The pic right before his was of a doe hauling ass by, so he must have been harassing her!

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

• Like 19

1 minute ago, Cabin Fever said:

On my way out this morning, I noticed a fresh scrape that I knew wasn't there yesterday when I walked by. First scrape I've seen this year! Ironically, I had a cam facing that exact spot! Got home and checked the SD card and there's the piebald making the scrape! He conveniently made the scrape 20 yards from a stand for me too! Hopefully it'll draw more attention for me! LOL The pic right before his was of a doe hauling ass by, so he must have been harassing her!

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

such an awesome deer. still can't believe your son passed him up.

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Those may be the TCPOTY (Trail cam pics of the year), which wins a HNY t-shirt!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

and a proud Biz. Make INCHES

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I can’t even with you right now!

Here I am sitting in my office trying to figure out how I’m going to hunt in a rain storm on flooded land this weekend and here you are PASSING on a doe.

LOL.

I was ready to send it. But this spot is just one of our best buck stands and with the East wind I'm gonna hold out and hunt it next two days. But man I wanted to. Then I pulled cams and got this boy going thru there.  My stand is right between these two pics. 

IMG_20211028_111711825.jpg

IMG_20211028_112609767.jpg

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I was ready to send it. But this spot is just one of our best buck stands and with the East wind I'm gonna hold out and hunt it next two days. But man I wanted to. Then I pulled cams and got this boy going thru there.  My stand is right between these two pics. 

IMG_20211028_111711825.jpg

IMG_20211028_112609767.jpg

keep the rut bait alive

Sat till 11 zippo !

grabbed a ladder stand I had laying on the ground, walked around with it on my shoulder for 45 minutes ….

Finally found a spot , put it up trimmed a couple limbs , off to lunch . 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 9:55 AM, Chef said:

Nice, if this wind calms down even a little I’m going to give it a shot tonight

i went out yesterday afternoon for about the last 2.5 hrs and saw one small buck on the way to the car - a forkhorn. working four day shifts (12hr) until sunday.    i'm gonna miss not being out.  good luck!

• Like 1