LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

7 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

Legit watched a pine squirrel rip off my posted sign ,cross the creek with it,then struggle trying to get it through the briars .That’s a first .

So that’s where the missing signs went that I put up along the back of my parent’s woods.  I thought some aborigins (folks I don’t know) from the adjacent trailer park probably pulled them down.

Well, my nephew Dom not only missed a spike, but a doe too. I'm thinking the first yr adrenaline rush has a lot to do with it. Lol. 

Practicing, he touches arrows at 30 yrds, so I'm going with the shakes...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

Well, my nephew Dom not only missed a spike, but a doe too. I'm thinking the first yr adrenaline rush has a lot to do with it. Lol. 

Practicing, he touches arrows at 30 yrds, so I'm going with the shakes...

Welcome to hunting!!!!!!tell em to keep his head up,always next time!!

• Like 1

Had a great hunt tonight, even though I had low expectations.  All quiet until around 5:50 when I saw movement in the bushes about 40 yards from me.  I was already standing with bow in hand so I hooked up my release to be ready.  I saw a glimpse of horn after about 10 minutes of waiting for him to step out.  He came around and I saw he was a tall tinted 8 pointer. A shooter for me!  After another few minutes he finally milled around to within 25 yards of me and I drew on him.  As soon as I did he stepped forward and I had to let down.  He kept moving slowly and I thought I had another window, but when I drew, my bow was up against a tree limb next to my stand.  Let down again and watched him for a while.  He freshened a scrape and then walked away.  I thought why not, let’s see what happens, so I dug out my bleat can and let a couple of bleats go out.  Within 5 minutes he was back looking around.  He never came within 30 yards again even though he stayed near me for another HOUR.  He freshened a different scrape and stayed in the area, even after I lowered my bow to the ground.   Finally he left and I headed down the ladder.  As soon as I was half way down, two deer come skyrocketing right underneath me and jump into the swamp behind me.   Fun show with no shots fired, but totally jazzed up for the next hunt, hopefully Saturday afternoon.  

• Like 13

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im counting on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey we all make mistakes .

Summer ive got pics that look like Iowa , now I don’t see one deer 1/2 my sits , I don’t bump any walking in or out , few rubs no scrapes wtf . Ok there’s 300 acres of standing corn 250 yards from the woods, but that’s not unusual .

32 years here , the last two have been weird .

Hey we all make mistakes .
Summer ive got pics that look like Iowa , now I don’t see one deer 1/2 my sits , I don’t bump any walking in or out , few rubs no scrapes wtf . Ok there’s 300 acres of standing corn 250 yards from the woods, but that’s not unusual .
32 years here , the last two have been weird .

The deer know you retired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Usually mature older bucks do the growl.

I have only heard it a few time and we’re always bigger bucks! 
Last night after my son shot his doe, we took our bows back to the truck  and un packed most of our stuff before we headed back to gut before it got dark. As I was almost back to the doe I heard it twice but couldn’t see it. I was assuming it was a mature buck. Cool to hear!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zag said:

I have only heard it a few time and we’re always bigger bucks! 
Last night after my son shot his doe, we took our bows back to the truck  and un packed most of our stuff before we headed back to gut before it got dark. As I was almost back to the doe I heard it twice but couldn’t see it. I was assuming it was a mature buck. Cool to hear!!

Your son shot his GF, he was pissed..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1