LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Was not paying good enough attention and the nice big one from the other day snuck in off my right. I got swung around preparing for him to swing in a lane behind me and hit my arrow tip on the tree and I unknocked it. Popped it back on but he heard the little noise and stopped them angled away. Tried grunt and nada. He did not like snort wheeze and hustled out. Dang hope that won’t be my only chance.
5 minutes later a 4 walked by 20 yards to my other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 518BowSlayer said:

There's one leaf that's barely holding on swinging in the breeze just like a tail would wag. Every time I look in that direction it fools me into thinking it's a deer! Maybe I'm just getting desperate because I haven't seen a thing since opening day while in a stand

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Heard EHD was bad down here.  Nice frost this morning, should end it?

Home .

Joe and Dennis are out on Joe’s land , Joe’s seen 3 bucks and Dennis 2 bucks and 2 doe by 8:00 . 

At my current rate either of those may be my total for the year , I may have to hunt with them more .

Quick hunt this morning before work. 38 degrees in 3S, with 7MPH NE winds. Coldest morning so far this season. 723am sunrise, 653am legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Felt like an amazing morning but No deer seen. Updated my journal with 4 buck pics in the past week.

8be3f0a97cef959aa06fda7f8ffd5b46.jpg

• Like 4

I’m getting a lot of pics of one of my target bucks in the last 24 hours so I went outside to see if I could draw my bow and shoot. No problem there, but moving around sure can aggravate the broken ribs on my left side. Time for a nap with some pain killers. Hopefully I’ll be able to get out there soon. This is killing me...

• Sad 1

Well I must not have bugged him too much
He came back up my right side 90 yards out going parallel, a few soft grunts stopped him but he kept going. He bumped into a doe about 120 out and chased her. I may be here awhile
He came through here yesterday too at least I think it’s him. I hope to shoot him to find out!
b30b48026a38f1cc7bcdec6cca9e9611.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Felt like an amazing morning but No deer seen. Updated my journal with 4 buck pics in the past week.

8be3f0a97cef959aa06fda7f8ffd5b46.jpg

Looks like beer belly Bob! 

• Like 1

Went right around the corner from me for a few hours in some think and nasty stuff. Forgot the phone at home. Nothing moving, not even song birds were bopping around.

Rain now until Monday. Sort of missed carrying a firearm. Wife and I will be back up in the ADK's next weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

22 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I’m getting a lot of pics of one of my target bucks in the last 24 hours so I went outside to see if I could draw my bow and shoot. No problem there, but moving around sure can aggravate the broken ribs on my left side. Time for a nap with some pain killers. Hopefully I’ll be able to get out there soon. This is killing me...

I can relate having had two disc injuries in season that resulted in surgeries; most recent 2019. Find the balance. People will tell you to rest all the time and anything you do beyond that is foolish.

I had to have some help throughout the season from my hunting partner, but that 2019 season might be my best personal accomplishments overall. Took a piebald doe from the ground in a snowstorm with an xbow since I couldn't draw. Grinded through season and last day of regular I punched  my tag on a good buck that I specifically set out to get that morning. Not my biggest, but to this day, I'm not sure anything will top that sense of accomplishment and appreciation for sticking with it. I hope you can find that balance and also heal.

2019 Buck.jpg

Piebald.jpg

Edited by phade
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, phade said:

I can relate having had two disc injuries in season that resulted in surgeries; most recent 2019. Find the balance. People will tell you to rest all the time and anything you do beyond that is foolish.

I had to have some help throughout the season from my hunting partner, but that 2019 season might be my best personal accomplishments overall. Grinded through season and last day of regular I punched  my tag on a good buck that I specifically set out to get that morning. Not my biggest, but to this day, I'm not sure anything will top that sense of accomplishment and appreciation for sticking with it. I hope you can find that balance and also heal.

I have had my share of disc injuries as well. Those are not pleasant at all! At least with the ribs, the hardest part is getting in and out of the ground blind. The blind has been my go to spot the last few years. I figured that if I’m going to be sitting around resting, I might as well do it in a blind. I still might try to get out later today. We’ll see. 

• Like 2

30 with a hard frost yesterday. 52 with a light breeze out of the southeast this morning. No sightings yesterday. Deer all over the place today. Had a doe sprint past like she was running for her life, but no buck following. Heard three different grunting bucks and there was a fight in the corn behind me. Just need them to step in the open. 

image.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful morning. Watched through the binos, my nephew Dom arrow his first deer this morning. Seen blood immediately on the exit side. Only went 80 yrds and plied up. He's pretty sure it's the same spike he missed yesterday out of the same stand. 

IMG_20211029_081357440_HDR.jpg

• Like 43