LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I got in a tree in a very good looking spot,matter of fact after I stopped to pick out a tree and took the first step I busted some does out of the thick stuff 30 yds away.  Wind was in my favor and they didn't know what I was. 

Got situated and nothing happened,around 5.40 some rain started and I had to pick my wife up at 6.30,so I lowered my bow and got ready to climb down. Right then a deer pops out at 25 yds. A young one and it smelled the ground disturbance from me walking in. So it walks towards my tree,I was afraid it was gonna step on my bow. Instead it jumped back when it got 2 yds from my bow and headed back up the bank.

Her mom was up there and also crossing my approach trail. She got nervous and was at about 40 yds. Now was the time to get my bow back up and I did without them noticing. Then the older doe got curious and also followed my trail towards me. The side they came from was the worst as far as shooting lanes. she got to 6 yds but on my weak side and I had to get the bow over my bridge. I did very slowly and she turned away and stopped at 8 yds. She was almost totally facing away,maybe 160 ° and I had some beech leaves covering the spot I needed to shoot. It was a tough angle,so I waited for her to turn either way but she walked straight away under cover of more branches. 

That was as close as it gets and got the heart pumping. I love bowhunting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

That would be interesting to track in...

I’ll gladly sit in a downpour if the last five min stop or go to a drizzle. This time it didn’t. 

Good thing they make bow hunting raingear! The set I have is actually called…downpour lol.

Edited by phade

Congrats on 2 sweet bucks fellas!!! I'm getting real jealous of almost everyone on here for seeing some action. Last deer I saw while hunting was a dead 8 point that was rotting in front of my stand. Haven't seen a live deer since the doe I shot on opening day. Getting pics but I'm always a day late and a buck short!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We are up and at it. Hoping to re encounter the big buck I saw last week at 50 yards. Can’t believe it but we got the exact wind we needed for this. We moved stand in for a shooting distance. I’m newly backed up to a marsh/swamp/pond as the buck hung tight to it in the timber. 

Starting to feel better but still have a bit of a cough, so Ricola for the win hopefully!

• Like 1