LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

In 1c. Saw a young buck make a rub and go on his way at 70-80 yards. He passed by a blow down that I had thought about using as a ground blind. Would not have shot him anyway, but it would have got the blood pumping anyhow. GL all who are out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First time I got myself in this situation. Shot a small buck, and tracked it for way longer than it should have been. Bits of lung, bubbly blood. The shot was quartering away. Tracked for 650 yards, with copious blood, ending with the deer tumbling into the creek, which was very high because of recent rains. I had to wade downstream - super sketchy- for another 150 yards to find him beached up on a shallow gravel bench.  A one-lung hit.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, SilentStalker said:

Not live Per se but shortly after my last text on here yesterday, I got one. Needless to say I let it lay and began the track at 4. Bumped it and stopped the track at dark. Called a dog which came this morning and we had success. Awesome guy and awesome dog. Tired as hell , story and pics later. My PB is down and at the butcher. Congrats to those that scored as well.

57219395-611C-44FE-9E62-AEF67EF2F869.jpeg

Dam, I should have kept you on my roster!  Congratulations!!

Took the dog out instead of deer hunting today. Ended up with 2 pheasant and 1 woodcock. Only bad part was pulling 40 ticks off of her at home. It was so bad I went out and bought tick shampoo. Cant upload a video of the pup retrieving a pheasant though
IMG_4601.thumb.jpg.844e758bef844a27f6cfe5f8cd2a9251.jpg
IMG_4600.thumb.jpg.99eed947c49f3e23e23c5bb48c74b6be.jpg

Not many things better than shooting birds over your own dog!!!
She (I think I remember it’s a she) deserves a hero pic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Lost a doe today,and an arrow. I stalked a group of three does for well over 150 yds,they were lower on the slope than me. I finally got to 25 yds on the mama and it was not as thick as it was before. I thought the shot looked good but I must have gotten a deflection,once I got to the hit site there were more twigs than I saw.

She bounded off for 10 yds,then stood for 5 seconds,then ran off. I lost sight after she got 40 yds or so. I found some hair at the hit site,dark grey but not much. I think the hit was high,and I found not a drop of blood. I followed three different trails and never found any blood.

I think my arrow hit sticks or something past her,never found it. I grid searched for a couple of hours and never found blood.

I came back with hydrogen peroxide sprayed the first 50 yds of the trail,nothing.

She was slightly quartering away and I am positive the arrow ended up behind her. No way it stayed in her and there was no blood. I shoot a single bevel with lighted knock.

Weird experience though,any thoughts are welcome. 

And by the way,I hate the blotchy red leaves...

1 hour ago, coldwater said:

First time I got myself in this situation. Shot a small buck, and tracked it for way longer than it should have been. Bits of lung, bubbly blood. The shot was quartering away. Tracked for 650 yards, with copious blood, ending with the deer tumbling into the creek, which was very high because of recent rains. I had to wade downstream - super sketchy- for another 150 yards to find him beached up on a shallow gravel bench.  A one-lung hit.

Living up to your username!

• Haha 1

I left the drying basement to sit for a couple hours this evening.  Saw four different bucks.  Blew it on the largest buck I’ve ever had within bow range.  All of the sudden I heard a bleat and saw a very large buck chasing two does straight up the side of the gully toward my stand.  They were moving quickly and I was unprepared.  Didn’t get busted but didn’t get a shot.

They came from the last place I expected them.