LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

10 hours ago, GreenDrake said:

Heavy wind last night up on my nee property in 6k…blew 2 HUGE Beech over…of course…right onto the only stand we have at the back end of the property. 

F3F2E99D-C9A0-435E-980D-F655CCF8610C.jpeg

That stinks but at least no one was in the stand when it happened. I noticed a standing dead tree next to one of my stands that needs to come down this winter.

56 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Cell cams were dead last night! 10 cell cams, but not 1 pic of a deer!! Plenty of coyotes though to confirm the cams are working properly. Was hard to get out of bed this morning, but gotta keep the faith…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.  Cams dead last night.   Maybe they slept in waiting for us to move.  

• Like 1

In at point stand. This 8 is killing me.  He is now known at the "Check Buck". Cause I feel like I am one move from him all the time!  Wsw wind so stand I was in yesterday the wind isn't good but this one is and it's 400 yards up trail. So I have to go way around the property to get to it.  Look down the trail and there he is headed towards the stand I was in yesterday at about 250  yards.  I have 30 yards to get to my stand so I wait until he is more in brush and make a move.  I'm in hoping he comes back this way but doubtful. 

IMG_20211031_080908732.jpg

• Like 5

I just slogged through thigh deep water with my climber to get into where I think a buck is bedding. Im drenched in sweat, too low, and exposed. And my boots are full of water. This has all the makings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's nothing I was all excited to sit my blind this morning only to discover it's been taken over by a good million+ cave crickets. Guess I'll be leaving those windows open for a good while. Hopefully they decide to move elsewhere. So I had to walk back to my car and grab my harness. Now I'm back in the same stand I had two button bucks and a doe hanging out by yesterday. Hopefully I see some actual buck action this am90a5cb3fef7a76e62692a39b3461c9f6.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

3 doe moving just outta range. Can’t believe there’s not even a skipper in toe…

I can see the neighbors field from my stand (no hunting there). Seems like all the does bed in the thicket on the other side. I saw 9 does in his field last night and 6 this morning, but no bucks to be seen! Weird!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

In at point stand. This 8 is killing me.  He is now known at the "Check Buck". Cause I feel like I am one move from him all the time!  Wsw wind so stand I was in yesterday the wind isn't good but this one is and it's 400 yards up trail. So I have to go way around the property to get to it.  Look down the trail and there he is headed towards the stand I was in yesterday at about 250  yards.  I have 30 yards to get to my stand so I wait until he is more in brush and make a move.  I'm in hoping he comes back this way but doubtful. 

Time to use some doe bleats or grunts to get him turned around.

5 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Time to use some doe bleats or grunts to get him turned around.

Tried it the other night but it was so windy don't think he could hear it.  This morn was just a mess. I was stuck in the trail and glasses fogging up.  Prob should've just backed out but think I made it to stand without him knowing. Plus he was 250 yards away by then.  

Lost a doe today,and an arrow. I stalked a group of three does for well over 150 yds,they were lower on the slope than me. I finally got to 25 yds on the mama and it was not as thick as it was before. I thought the shot looked good but I must have gotten a deflection,once I got to the hit site there were more twigs than I saw.
She bounded off for 10 yds,then stood for 5 seconds,then ran off. I lost sight after she got 40 yds or so. I found some hair at the hit site,dark grey but not much. I think the hit was high,and I found not a drop of blood. I followed three different trails and never found any blood.
I think my arrow hit sticks or something past her,never found it. I grid searched for a couple of hours and never found blood.
I came back with hydrogen peroxide sprayed the first 50 yds of the trail,nothing.
She was slightly quartering away and I am positive the arrow ended up behind her. No way it stayed in her and there was no blood. I shoot a single bevel with lighted knock.
Weird experience though,any thoughts are welcome. 
And by the way,I hate the blotchy red leaves...
From the sounds of it, my take is that was a survivable high back hit. Unfortunately, been there done that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk