LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 minute ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

How could a spot have had so much activity last season and this year nothing? Is it the weather? It was far colder this time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget to put out the Halloween Corn , i mean Candy ?   LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

That's nothing I was all excited to sit my blind this morning only to discover it's been taken over by a good million+ cave crickets. Guess I'll be leaving those windows open for a good while. Hopefully they decide to move elsewhere. So I had to walk back to my car and grab my harness. Now I'm back in the same stand I had two button bucks and a doe hanging out by yesterday. Hopefully I see some actual buck action this am90a5cb3fef7a76e62692a39b3461c9f6.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Come on man you should have brought the chocolate syrup and you would have had snacks all day long!!!

• Like 1

Come on man you should have brought the chocolate syrup and you would have had snacks all day long!!!
Gross. But I suppose being all excited for a nice sit in my blind only to discover about a million of those jumping creepy crawlies is par for Halloween. Now I just need a big buck to stroll past my stand I'm currently in within the next hour and a half and that would be lovely

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Hang in there boys and girls….I’m having this for mitral support!
Corned venison, eggs and cowboy candied jalapeños/cucumber!
On the road to Philly for a regatta
975170e7857f55197b4a8190739dda68.jpg

I can the cowboy candy when we get a good crop of Jalapeños. They are delicious on just about everything. Next time you are having a get together chop some up and pour some over some cream cheese and spread on some crackers!!! Bet you can't just have one!

• Like 2

How could a spot have had so much activity last season and this year nothing? Is it the weather? It was far colder this time last year.

I hunt 6-8 different properties and they all change year to year. My two best spots last year have been duds this year and my worse spot last year is the best so far this year. I’ve got zero pics or sightings of a 3+ year old buck on one property whereas last year there was at least a half dozen, including two 150+. A lot of different factors but unfortunately it happens

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Just passed on another big doe at 20 yds. It gets harder Everytime. I can't guarantee their safety for the next 4 days...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

They are great buck attractant right now. Plenty of time for doe kills!!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Just passed on another big doe at 20 yds. It gets harder Everytime. I can't guarantee their safety for the next 4 days...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Send it!!!!!!neeeeed pointsssss.hoping theres a buck behind one of these doe!

• Like 1

I finally got my first sit in yesterday afternoon. Had about one dozen squirrels chasing each other . Absolutely no wind and 50 degrees. It was about 530 and I hear a deer blow 3 times. Now I know it didn’t wind me and I haven’t moved in forever what gives. About 5 minutes later her comes a porcupine waddling from that direction. Probably the biggest I’ve ever seen. That’s the only conclusion I can come up with. Came home this morning because it was raining pretty good. 

That's nothing I was all excited to sit my blind this morning only to discover it's been taken over by a good million+ cave crickets. Guess I'll be leaving those windows open for a good while. Hopefully they decide to move elsewhere. So I had to walk back to my car and grab my harness. Now I'm back in the same stand I had two button bucks and a doe hanging out by yesterday. Hopefully I see some actual buck action this am90a5cb3fef7a76e62692a39b3461c9f6.jpg

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Were you scared they would bite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

No they don't bite nor sting, but when there is literally a million and they are covering the walls and ceiling and floor of my blind, just not something I really wanted to deal with

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Ha.ha... the jerkman is scared of crickets..;)

• Like 2

Saw 6 this morning on the drive in along the parkway including one real nice buck. Parked by 530 and in stand by 6. It rained from about 5 until about 7 (weather man got it right for once). i sat in the bottom of the 2 story budget blind. I was dry and comfortable and did off from around 6 till about 7. This morning felt good but all i saw were squirrels. Here are a few pix of the view from the bottom and a nice rib i saw that was over a fresh scrape. That was about 100yds North of my position.

IMG_20211031_075407832.jpg

IMG_20211031_075508010.jpg

IMG_20211031_092717811.jpg

Saw a spike this morning then this small eight with a broken main beam came in and bedded at 20 yards. I was tempted as it would have been the first deer at my daughters new property and first with the longbow I built but decided to just watch him , it was fun he slept on and off for an hour.

C9C8E595-823A-4293-9BAE-6B5A13912220.jpeg

• Like 11

I had some running around to do after hunting before coming home. I was on the road for a little over an hour and passed countless ag fields. Homes with huge yards and stretches of woods and I did not see a single deer in any of them which is so out of the ordinary.

Clothes are in the washer everything else is either hung up to dry or waiting to be washed and dried. The bow is completely wiped down and re waxed.

I REALLY hate hunting in the rain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1