LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

25 minutes ago, Trad bow said:

Saw a spike this morning then this small eight with a broken main beam came in and bedded at 20 yards. I was tempted as it would have been the first deer at my daughters new property and first with the longbow I built but decided to just watch him , it was fun he slept on and off for an hour.

C9C8E595-823A-4293-9BAE-6B5A13912220.jpeg

That right there is a successful hunt. Congrats!!

Edited by suburbanfarmer

Checking the weather here in 8F shows a significant temperature drop on Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov 2nd) ironically enough. There's actually a chance of snow Wednesday. Hopefully the change will get them up and moving a little more because all I've seen out there is 1 chipmunk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

I had some running around to do after hunting before coming home. I was on the road for a little over an hour and passed countless ag fields. Homes with huge yards and stretches of woods and I did not see a single deer in any of them which is so out of the ordinary.

Clothes are in the washer everything else is either hung up to dry or waiting to be washed and dried. The bow is completely wiped down and re waxed.

I REALLY hate hunting in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full moon that’s why you didn’t see any ……

I just washed some of my hunting clothes ,along with my wallet . Tip of the day if you put your paper pistol,permit in the microwave , the photo melts . Money dries ok though . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 2

I had some running around to do after hunting before coming home. I was on the road for a little over an hour and passed countless ag fields. Homes with huge yards and stretches of woods and I did not see a single deer in any of them which is so out of the ordinary.

Clothes are in the washer everything else is either hung up to dry or waiting to be washed and dried. The bow is completely wiped down and re waxed.

I REALLY hate hunting in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove around clarence and amherst and didnt see one either. Picked up my father in law at Canterbury, that place is covered in deer and none today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, E J said:

Saw a giant of a buck walking across a cut bean field about an hour ago all by himself in 8F.

Just saw same buck chasing a doe hard about 500 yards from where I saw him earlier today. Man he's big!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

This afternoon feels like yesterday afternoon and it came close,just the wrong deer.mr big 6 or better and im sending it. Down to the last few packages in freezer. Time to make it happen 

That's the spirit!  I was in that boat earlier in the week.  It can change in an instant.  Go get 'em!

I'm in 1C for the PM. Found a nice big rub, but also a headless carcass where I figured I'd set up. I decided to climb a tree 100 yds away. Might he a complete waste of time, but I'm giving it a go anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, E J said:

Saw a giant of a buck walking across a cut bean field about an hour ago all by himself in 8F.

Just saw same buck chasing a doe hard about 500 yards from where I saw him earlier today. Man he's big!

• Like 3

I sat 4 hrs in the rain this morning.  I looked down from my stand and could see antler tips poking up through the leaves. When I got down it was a busted main beam. It's not chewed at all but I'm still thinking this is from last year.

I got down from the stand at 1130 picked up the busted main beam. Then started to slowly stalk my way out of there while looking for fresh sign.  I jumped a deer it let me get with in 10 yards of it then took off ran about 30 yards into the thicket then started running back toward me. I tossed on my tactacam Drew back and shot the deer at about 3-4 yards.  I had no intensions of shooting another doe right now but it's been years since I've shot a deer from the ground with the bow. I was very pumped.  The deer went 20-25 yards and piled up.

It ended up being a small busted up spike. I've had a spike and 7pt fighting on camera a lot the past couple of weeks I'm wondering if it's the same spike and the buck busted him up.

IMG_20211031_120540.jpg

IMG_20211030_162840.jpg

IMG_20211030_211143.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Red said:

I sat 4 hrs in the rain this morning.  I looked down from my stand and could see antler tips poking up through the leaves. When I got down it was a busted main beam. It's not chewed at all but I'm still thinking this is from last year.

I got down from the stand at 1130 picked up the busted main beam. Then started to slowly stalk my way out of there while looking for fresh sign.  I jumped a deer it let me get with in 10 yards of it then took off ran about 30 yards into the thicket then started running back toward me. I tossed on my tactacam Drew back and shot the deer at about 3-4 yards.  I had no intensions of shooting another doe right now but it's been years since I've shot a deer from the ground with the bow. I was very pumped.  The deer went 20-25 yards and piled up.

It ended up being a small busted up spike. I've had a spike and 7pt fighting on camera a lot the past couple of weeks I'm wondering if it's the same spike and the buck busted him up.

IMG_20211031_120540.jpg

IMG_20211030_162840.jpg

IMG_20211030_211143.jpg

Congrats on the spike.  Always fun on the ground.  That busted main beam looks fresh to me.

IMG_20211031_120540.thumb.jpg.374c0cecdc179b986a93404969623e09.jpg
IMG_20211030_162840.thumb.jpg.a286b958fbc237bb57c074f7e01cd1d2.jpg
IMG_20211030_211143.thumb.jpg.d4b2bd12b46dd984766c3ccdd7eef394.jpg
Congrats on the doe Red

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

So getting ready to go Halloweening w the grandkids and cameras are popping and bucks are trolling heavy  I pulled cards today and cell cam got me walking down the bench on my hillside and not long after these 2 came through. The three-point force fighting with an eight point this morning and haven’t seen the second book ever before they are moving heavy. I am off to trick or treat but this afternoon like very deery.  Happy hunting Halloween. 

496C7D18-AC29-49B8-8B97-6D63EB517976.png

7FEF2870-4E6F-441E-9781-EAB17E0DAF07.png

D8F1F08A-ABA2-4F55-AE44-196415CB74CE.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Red said:

IMG_20211031_120540.jpg

IMG_20211030_162840.jpg

IMG_20211030_211143.jpg

And I think I just got points 

Edited by Nomad

16 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Sorry correction congrats on the spike!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Spike/doe.  Small enough to use the doe tag.  It happened so fast I never seen them.

• Like 2