LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

16 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Seems like where I hunt is always a week or 2 behind when you guys have the most rut action. I see more daytime movement from about the 12th - 20th. At least that's what I'm going to tell myself if I don't see anything these next couple sits

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I concur!

Sat from 6:30 to 10:30 this morning. Had two doe behind me that I never heard till they bolted. Just as I was wondering if I spooked them, a coyote came through. He caught me drawing and didn't stick around to find out what I was. Hanging up the bow and will now tote the crossgun next weekend. Congrats to all the successful!

• Like 1

I’m so looking forward to getting back up north in AM. Been home for 2 days, neighbors shot 3 bucks this weekend 2 of them I let go minutes before they crossed properly lines and they shot them. Combined 7pts between the 3 of them. 2 of them resulted in tracking efforts from terrible shots that brought them on my property. I don’t care what anyone shoots, I’m happy for them and I’m happy to help them find them.

I own 250 acres of very well managed property that’s a pretty good mix of woods and fields and between my brother and I we have shot 1 buck on the property in the last 5yrs. Have had 2 shooters on cam in that time as well. Being on the southern edge of northern zone and having 2 full months of a gun season it’s nearly impossible to find a mature buck.

Oh well it’s fun seeing deer and being able to hunt walking distance from the house. Thankfully I have my camp up north where I spend the majority of my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Up and at em this morning. Going to a ground blind that is higher on the same oak ridge where I saw no deer yesterday. Since they didn't show low, I'm going up high. SE facing slope with NNW wind will be perfect. They are on this ridge somewhere! Not feeling particularly selective today either. Deer activity has slowed down the last week or so. Sign is here though. 

Back to work tomorrow. Back out Saturday, and off all next week!

Good luck to all heading out.

• Like 7

Been up since 3 in pain. It’s killing me seeing some of the pics that I was getting last night near my stands. One big 9 and an 8 with 2 kickers. Hope they stick around. Going to try and change my Dr’s appointment to today so that I can get some more meds. I can actually feel my rib moving back and forth on my back. Not good at all. I don’t see myself getting out anytime in the near future. Good luck to all today. Knock down some big ones. CE5FC58A-81FA-4D3A-ADFB-D16150B4D89C.thumb.png.feac49e227cf27d94fbdf945c2b001b1.png4846FFCE-49C8-46CD-B7ED-D49924497BCF.thumb.png.e98dbeb94aa9af4d79c23e6dd9c622ad.png

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

Up and at em this morning. Going to a ground blind that is higher on the same oak ridge where I saw no deer yesterday. Since they didn't show low, I'm going up high. SE facing slope with NNW wind will be perfect. They are on this ridge somewhere! Not feeling particularly selective today either. Deer activity has slowed down the last week or so. Sign is here though. 
Back to work tomorrow. Back out Saturday, and off all next week!
Good luck to all heading out.

You can do it!!!!! I’m you’re biggest fan young man!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NonTypical said:

Been up since 3 in pain. It’s killing me seeing some of the pics that I was getting last night near my stands. One big 9 and an 8 with 2 kickers. Hope they stick around. Going to try and change my Dr’s appointment to today so that I can get some more meds. I can actually feel my rib moving back and forth on my back. Not good at all. I don’t see myself getting out anytime in the near future. Good luck to all today. Knock down some big ones. CE5FC58A-81FA-4D3A-ADFB-D16150B4D89C.thumb.png.feac49e227cf27d94fbdf945c2b001b1.png4846FFCE-49C8-46CD-B7ED-D49924497BCF.thumb.png.e98dbeb94aa9af4d79c23e6dd9c622ad.png

On a good note at least the EHD didn't get those beauty's 

• Like 1

Good luck to anyone getting out over the next few days! Weather is finally cooperating and just in time. My buddy hunts not far from me over in HIlton. He saw two bucks come through this morning. Second one took an arrow. I would love to get out, but taking time off on short notice is more of an issue in my current position.