LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I believe I've only went 2 sits this year without seeing at least one buck, over 3 different properties. It's been year of the young bucks for me.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I’m hailing the same issue, spikes, 4’s, small small 6’s

They seem to walk by like water. Then and fawns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Shot a doe at about 545 pm at about 5 yards with my Kodiak recurve. Thought I saw her lay down (I have horrible eyesight) but she didn't.  Very light blood I hit her just a tad back but I believe she is dead. 

Have a buddy coming by early morning and we will go find her. 

At about 615 a large deer came storming through at about 60 yards. Not sure if it was a buck but holy cow was it a large body.

20211101_182158.jpg

Good luck this morning, Go get her!!!

• Like 1

I just had to get on the brakes to avoid hitting a solid 3.5 year old 8 point with my suv this morning, on the drive to work.  He was standing on the shoulder of the road like a statue and crossed 3 ft ahead of me when I stopped.

He was less than  2 miles from my place.   Hopefully, he reverses course and heads back where he came from.  I will be out there this weekend with a more efficient weapon than my Chevy equinox.

Edited by wolc123

Packed in for 3rd all day sit in a row. Small bucks are chasing again at least, so hopefully some big boys will be in on the action soon. Yesterday passed on a small 6pt chasing and grunting behind a doe and later a small basket racked 8pt that meandered by on the does trail. Seen 4 different small - medium sized bucks yesterday. Today already had a deer cruise by in the dark while sitting on stand waiting for daylight.  Feels like its going to be a good day. Good luck all!

• Like 2

I saw the big buck down the road from me last night after picking my wife up from work. He was with a doe and they looked like a couple to me,at least for a day. I think it is happening in 4F. Another buck stood in the middle of st.rt.28 looking out over a field for does. I had to honk to get him to move.

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I saw the big buck down the road from me last night after picking my wife up from work. He was with a doe and they looked like a couple to me,at least for a day. I think it is happening in 4F. Another buck stood in the middle of st.rt.28 looking out over a field for does. I had to honk to get him to move.

I know right before getting into Cooperstown on 80 between flycreek and Cooperstown I have to stop all the time for bucks.

• Like 1

Two days out of the woods to get things done here . Plan to turn it up Thursday- Sunday , now she says Thursday is our anniversary and we should go out , something that was postponed till after my buck for thirty some years ….. Then our youngest is coming home Sat - Sunday for a belated birthday …. but that’ll just take one end of one day out .

I guess I’ll have to knock one down Thursday morning it’ll make a nice present for her .

• Like 1

I saw loads of deer on my way to and from WNY yesterday. Out in the fields and edges at 4pm on. Then a mile down the road from home I had a real nice 8 point walk right across the road in front of me following a doe into the corn. I'll be out this evening for a short sit. Good luck out there! 

Edited by Fletch

Still a few more days for me. Good luck to those out...probably can't ask for better temps and pressure system.

Weeks like this I seem to forget why I have my career. Would love to just say I'll see you in December! Lucky you who are all out there.

Cams went dead past 24 hours across nearly all properties. Looks like they're starting to go after doe pockets IMO.

• Like 1