LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

14 minutes ago, chrisw said:

They're fighting again! This is the most unreal rut action I've ever witnessed.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Your having a heck of a couple days!! Love this!! I hate the years you get the crap rut action. This kind of action is so exciting!!

The piebald buck ran into the field, hit the does trail, and started searching frantically! He trailed the doe in the wrong direction though! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s amazing a buck ever finds a doe, while tracking I see them go the wrong way 9 out of 10 times when they cut a does track.

How have you not gotten down and went after them?

I've thought about it, it's a 50/50 gamble I guess. They could run her right to me any minute then I'd be pissed I didn't stay put.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It’s amazing a buck ever finds a doe, while tracking I see them go the wrong way 9 out of 10 times when they cut a does track.

Yet tracking dogs, or coyote's very seldom do?

Based on cams, I had a 2yr old 10pt running all over my property all morning and that real big toad with the messed up left antler at midnight last night (would really like to see him).  A few other smaller bucks too.  I need to refrain from shooting the 10, he will be a dandy in a year or two.  I will be out Thursday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

I’m a little disappointed in the action this morning, deer only interested in feed, although I had a nice 3 year old 8 come by close. I was planning on sitting all day but going to go pull some cards, grab lunch and find somewhere new to sit tonight

c939c232ebce5f1ba6b321d04fe6eb43.jpg

I would have loved to have taken him!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I may be sidelined right now but I'm currently following along with a buddy as  he's trailing my #1 trail cam buck. He shot him last night and has trailed him for over a mile, still on good/decent blood!

Good luck.   A mile is not a good sign but you still have blood!

2 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I may be sidelined right now but I'm currently following along with a buddy as  he's trailing my #1 trail cam buck. He shot him last night and has trailed him for over a mile, still on good/decent blood!

Find the end of the rainbow....that is a big deer.

8 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

wow. good luck!

Whelp, ran into my shooter as I walked out to grab lunch. I had been planning to sit all day but got bored and sure enough as soon as I step into the field and have no cover out comes the buck working his way to me. Guess that’s what I get for being impatient

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Screech owl singing close. That’s how it all started 2 years ago.  He’s ripping away . Long tongue rolls. Love it. Light sprinkle and wind turned due south 

Upon reviewing video it’s definitely a red fox with lots of grey coloring , barely any red but black feet . Jumped up a few miles down the way. Doe was bedded below my stand.  Got real close before she gently stood up and trotted off. It feels deerie. 

2 hours ago, chrisw said:

There's a crazy buck fight happening below me in swamp, growling, snorting, water splashing, antlers, it sounds crazy!

Tell them you got winner and the pull out the bow and drop a big one so me and @Moho81 can score some points just sayin. 

• Like 1