LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Just now, grampy said:

Hope they are getting all their affairs in order before you get out there tomorrow! Good luck buddy!

Just realized my PM meeting is at 2.   I might just make it out for the afternoon.   Not great wind until tomorrow, but I will find a spot!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Just realized my PM meeting is at 2.   I might just make it out for the afternoon.   Not great wind until tomorrow, but I will find a spot!

I'm in the same boat, I have a 3 o'clock that I'm hoping get canceled so I can sneak out and get in on all this action I'm hearing about in 8F.

I'm in the same boat, I have a 3 o'clock that I'm hoping get canceled so I can sneak out and get in on all this action I'm hearing about in 8F.

Hahah yea my 2:30 just canceled. I plan to be walking in at 2.

If certain people call I will have to answer, I will sit a stand that I don’t care if I blow it up just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Heading into 3S this morning to hunt. 729am sunrise and 34°. First frost advisory is the season. 3-5mph winds NNW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome morning. 6pt chasing doe at 745am, red fox at 9am, wood ducks, then same 6pt chasing doe at 945am. And 3 target bucks on cam since Friday. Will update journal later.

0ce47ca63abacb053677e49e7b36b6f9.png
6bb10eedb10c127e0ccc550f43bb7f11.jpg

• Like 11

Well, about 20 minutes ago I heard grunts in the thicket beside me, I grunted back and continued to hear grunts. Finally I snort wheezed, out he came, from the worst possible spot for my stand. Behind and below. I drew when he got to 25 yds, but I felt the bottom of my cam touch the climber so I waited until he walked another 10 yds and glanced down and I thought it would clear. Well, at release, I knew immediately it didn't clear. Loud bang and the arrow went right under him. He ran 30 yds and stopped and looked around, then continued up the hill. Beautiful 8 or 9pt. Clean arrow. Man, what a dismal outcome for an awesome 3 days. I'm moving down into the swamp now, as that's where most of the action seems consistent...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Awesome morning. 6pt chasing doe at 745am, red fox at 9am, wood ducks, then same 6pt chasing doe at 945am. And 3 target bucks on cam since Friday. Will update journal later.

0ce47ca63abacb053677e49e7b36b6f9.png
6bb10eedb10c127e0ccc550f43bb7f11.jpg

Biz waiting on you draw some blood today or anytime this week :) Going out for a quick sit this afternoon in Bloomfield Ny . Good luck to all out there :) 

11 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Well, about 20 minutes ago I heard grunts in the thicket beside me, I grunted back and continued to hear grunts. Finally I snort wheezed, out he came, from the worst possible spot for my stand. Behind and below. I drew when he got to 25 yds, but I felt the bottom of my cam touch the climber so I waited until he walked another 10 yds and glanced down and I thought it would clear. Well, at release, I knew immediately it didn't clear. Loud bang and the arrow went right under him. He ran 30 yds and stopped and looked around, then continued up the hill. Beautiful 8 or 9pt. Clean arrow. Man, what a dismal outcome for an awesome 3 days. I'm moving down into the swamp now, as that's where most of the action seems consistent...

Keep at Chris I missed a tanker 9 last week but sometimes a swing and a miss happens.  You’ll get another shot for sure perhaps at a bigger one.  Good hunting both @Moho81 and I know you can put a slammer down. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Oh man!! Stick with it. When they rutted up its hard to scare them off!

Back home. Could only hunt until 1 since I was in pa and had to get back.  I saw 5 on the walk in had a 4pt come right under me and lucked the tree I was in.  I watched him for 20mins grunting and rubbing a tree. Stared at him so hard I was hoping that extra point I needed to be able shoot him would grow.  Right before I got down I saw a good buck get out of his bed and bed back down. 

Friend saw the same 4pt I did and a second spike. We will try again down there at some point.

20211103_104455.jpg

20211103_092109.jpg

20211103_092117.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 8

Biz waiting on you draw some blood today or anytime this week  Going out for a quick sit this afternoon in Bloomfield Ny . Good luck to all out there  

Heading back in for a PM hunt and hopefully a recovery as well in 3S. There’s your 9am blood.

5a8e1b85ec8676a2d2d3c9bf1f6262d6.jpg
ce5b38fdcaf2b68350cf30d4abe98574.jpg

• Like 10