LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Just now, chrisw said:

Got decent penetration but not as much as I expected, 25 yd shot, great blood 5 yds from hit, I saw blood fly out of him as he ran, bubbles in blood too. I possibly heard him crash but not certain. pretty 8 pt

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

We demand hero pics, after the obligatory 30 minute waiting period!

• Like 1

Just now, chrisw said:

Got decent penetration but not as much as I expected, 25 yd shot, great blood 5 yds from hit, I saw blood fly out of him as he ran, bubbles in blood too. I possibly heard him crash but not certain. pretty 8 pt

Awesome, especially after the struggles of yesterday. 

Looks like the bucks have moved into my gun spot already. 5 scrapes and a bunch of rubs also looks like there was a fight last night ground was all tore up.

Usually they aren't in that chunk of woods for another week. Snuck in and set the camera up. I won't be back until opening morning.

Changed views for the 12-2 sit. Had to deploy a turkey Sammy as well once I got settled in. can see 99% of the cut bean field and have hardwoods behind me. The buck that went past my Dad around 9 was a a headed to the beans to see if the ladies were still out grazing.c7961e248fd6f08195167612f7a0377a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Sounds promising. Good luck this will cap an awesome set of days in the woods for you.

• Like 1

Saw immediate blood pumping out, bubbly too. I thought I heard him crash but I'm playing it safe. Gonna wait a bit longer before trailing. I thought he bulldozed a brush pile too but it could have been because he wasn't using his front leg. I'm confident somewhat that he's dead, but I'm always apprehensive about weird looking shots. Hopefully it hit the offside shoulder and I don't have anything to worry about...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Saw immediate blood pumping out, bubbly too. I thought I heard him crash but I'm playing it safe. Gonna wait a bit longer before trailing. I thought he bulldozed a brush pile too but it could have been because he wasn't using his front leg. I'm confident somewhat that he's dead, but I'm always apprehensive about weird looking shots. Hopefully it hit the offside shoulder and I don't have anything to worry about...

Sounds solid.  Crashing is always a good thing.   Lol

24 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Seeing blood pumping, bubbles in it, and hearing crashing, usually will add up to smiles and high fives!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

Just shot a buck, I'm a little concerned I may have caught the shoulder but I saw good blood and heard a lot of crashing after he went out of sight

Careful on pushing too quick if you got shoulder/one lung .

• Like 1

Well sat till noon , 4 bucks seen . Then I went to drop off ammo to a couple of the fellas , and leaving the farm, there as a young buck standing in another cut bean field , and a bit up the road another , this was at 1:00 .

Lots of bucks walking around no chasing that I’ve seen or heard . Tracks in the woods and rubs have picked up in the week that I’ve not been there .

Back in the morning , all day tomorrow, may switch stands half way through who knows .

Good luck all 

• Like 1

I've been hunting from the ground since I found this new spot by some power lines. Yesterday I walked into the thick wooded area where I bumped a buck bedded down a few days earlier. As soon as I walked in, I saw 3 or 4 deer walking away from me (they heard me coming but didn't see me. Don't know if any of them were bucks or not). I quickly backed out and went around to try to cut them off at where I thought they would exit, but turns out they never left. I waited outside for about an hour, and when I went back in, they were still in there. I forgot my grunt caller and only had my doe bleat. I used it to try to get them to come out, and by this time it was dark. For about 10 minutes I had one of them walking back and forth right in front of me, I could only hear it though and couldn't see what it was.

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

The suspense is killing me. Hope u smoked em