LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

It's not looking good, great blood, bubbles for 200 yds, now I'm only seeing when he brushes up against saplings...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

May be a good idea to back out. Don't want to push him! Give him a few hours, then go get him!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chrisw said:

It's not looking good, great blood, bubbles for 200 yds, now I'm only seeing when he brushes up against saplings...

Give him til an hour before last light and start back where you left off. If it def wasn't a gut shot then if enough damage to kill him , he should be down.  Man I hope you find him.. good luck.

If not looking better or don't find him by dark.  I would say come back in the morn in the daylight if no good blood to follow

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Ok this is not live from the woods and you will find out why . So I loaded up Cooper and rubies into the truck  and headed out to do some pheasant  hunting at Stewart's.  All went well I got a travel Kennel for Cooper because he can't sit still in a truck . He got in it no problem . Loaded  ruby into the front seat . She is a lady and sits nicely .  So off we go . We hit the first field  Cooper is having fun running all thur the field  . Ruby stayed by my Sided.  She is fat so she does as little as possible.  Well anyway  Cooper kicks up a bird  by accident  I was not ready didn't even shoot . Cooper stands there and watches  fly into the swamp . Ruby starts to follow the bird but stops . Take Cooper over to where the bird fly from he goes crazy looking for it . Lolol was very funny . Ruby looks around too. We walk  2 more fields . Poor ruby  doesn't want to go and More.  She is fat and short legs like me . She is begging to go home . So we start back to the truck and Cooper found shit and before I could say leave it  he rolls in it . Omg white dog now covered in brown ( either human or dog ) shit.  I start gagging . What does this shit dog do he comes over and jumps up on me . Yuc(kkkkmkm so the only thing I am thankful for is I got that Kennel or he would of been left in the woods .  I had nothing to wipe him off with .   I got him home and wash him, wash ruby,  washed me . I can gut a deer  with out gagging but  to wash stinky shit off of a dog was nasty. Now everyone is sleeping and I am washing my clothes  inside of Kennel and cleaning my tub .

20211104_150715.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Ok this is not live from the woods and you will find out why . So I loaded up Cooper and rubies into the truck  and headed out to do some pheasant  hunting at Stewart's.  All went well I got a travel Kennel for Cooper because he can't sit still in a truck . He got in it no problem . Loaded  ruby into the front seat . She is a lady and sits nicely .  So off we go . We hit the first field  Cooper is having fun running all thur the field  . Ruby stayed by my Sided.  She is fat so she does as little as possible.  Well anyway  Cooper kicks up a bird  by accident  I was not ready didn't even shoot . Cooper stands there and watches  fly into the swamp . Ruby starts to follow the bird but stops . Take Cooper over to where the bird fly from he goes crazy looking for it . Lolol was very funny . Ruby looks around too. We walk  2 more fields . Poor ruby  doesn't want to go and More.  She is fat and short legs like me . She is begging to go home . So we start back to the truck and Cooper found shit and before I could say leave it  he rolls in it . Omg white dog now covered in brown ( either human or dog ) shit.  I start gagging . What does this shit dog do he comes over and jumps up on me . Yuc(kkkkmkm so the only thing I am thankful for is I got that Kennel or he would of been left in the woods .  I had nothing to wipe him off with .   I got him home and wash him, wash ruby,  washed me . I can gut a deer  with out gagging but  to wash stinky shit off of a dog was nasty. Now everyone is sleeping and I am washing my clothes  inside of Kennel and cleaning my tub .

20211104_150715.jpg

Ha ha ha ha I just have to laugh at that situation because I was once there myself. My Lab found someone's or something's diarrhea while out pheasant hunting and rolled in it. Jowls, ear, collar, neck and shoulder all covered in it. I did not have a kennel for her to ride in as she would always sit on my passenger seat and leave me alone especially after a hard day of hunting. The only thing that saved me a little bit is we where hunting next to a marsh so I lost a T-shirt washing her off in the cold water. Still had to drive home with the windows down and give her a few proper baths when we got home. 

Good Times! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Back in on point stand.  Sure feels deery.   Really still.  Scrapes ripped up all over the trail here. 

Sure looks like a good spot Rob! Lots of bedding and good place to see does trying to evade those frisky bucks!

Had to leave around 1:30 to get home to get the boys boff the bus. We'll be back out Sat. Morning with the xbow. Pulled a cam on the way out. It's near a stand placed off a gas line that cuts through our property. Well I didn't sit there this morning because the wind want right and shooter was bumping a doe all around my a stand. Wind was outta the south and they would of had me pegged.....unless he was rut crazy and only focused on the doe.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Going to go sit the hedgerow here at the house.  I don't have high hopes.  Last couple card pulls were bear, coyote, small buck, all at night.  I keep telling myself that it will be good to get out.  I'm pretty comfortable by the wood stove though...

Good luck to all that are out and Good Luck Chris.

Edited by stubborn1VT
addition

2 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Going to go sit the hedgerow here at the house.  I don't have high hopes.  Last couple card pulls were bear, coyote, small buck, all at night.  I keep telling myself that it will be good to get out.  I'm pretty comfortable by the wood stove though...

Good luck to all that are out and Good Luck Chris.

I been sitting since 6am.  No bucks seem.  Have a few doe nearby but that wood stove sounds way better.  I am just resigned to making it until dark just in case.  But it’s not very rut like here.  

A few small bucks in groups and a few different groups of doe.. Looks like things haven't heated up by me but I was able to fill the freezer this AM. She made it a bitch to get a shot off so it makes the harvest even more satisfying. 20211104_112652.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 35

42 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

20211104_150715.jpg

Definitely human scat...

A few small bucks in groups and a few different groups of doe.. Looks like things haven't heated up by me but I was able to fill the freezer this AM. She made it a bitch to get a shot off so it makes the harvest even more satisfying. 20211104_112652.thumb.jpg.9407fcb0cb71fafb8cffc73a9b322134.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

MEAT MADE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 12:38 PM, WNY Bowhunter said:

I may be sidelined right now but I'm currently following along with a buddy as  he's trailing my #1 trail cam buck. He shot him last night and has trailed him for over a mile, still on good/decent blood!

Did they find this buck?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

Hope you are dragging but if you need help I do not think I am too far from you. I am more than willing to try to help track or drag!

• Like 1