LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I have seen where they stop bleeding the last 50 to 100 yards. Like a death run. Better to be safe though.

Makes perfect sense if you think about blood loss…blood pressure decreases with less blood to pump…that’s from my favorite reading material 91b4c431cb93f23dce586f73ba4ad2bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Makes perfect sense if you think about blood loss…blood pressure decreases with less blood to pump…that’s from my favorite reading material 91b4c431cb93f23dce586f73ba4ad2bd.jpg

Is that a deer tick between its eyes?

Well after 4 hours of trying to advance last blood I backed out. After 200 yds he was just dripping and the only way I could continue the track was by seeing where he brushed up against small brush. I probably tracked him 400 yds total. Maybe the bubbles in the blood in this case weren't lungs after all? I couldn't find the arrow, I even backtracked and still didn't see it. He went into a really wet swamp. It's more water than land. What I thought was him crashing was him going down the steep backside of the ridge. It appears he started using his front leg again judging by the trail. I'll go back in the AM and grid search awhile. He turned near last blood and headed back towards 200 acres of really thick hillsides and more wet swamp. I did kick up 2-3 more bucks in there, one was same basic size rack wise but if it was him he went straight up a huge ridge seemingly fine, 3.5 hrs after the hit. From the highest of highs to the lowest. At this point I'm hoping it was all shoulder and he survives. pics below are from a dead run in the first 200 yds, he bled like crazy, then almost instantly it stopped. I've never shoulder hit a deer before so I'm not sure if that's consistent with that type of hit or not. My buddy hit one in the shoulder a few years back and he says it was the same blood for them, great to nothing. They actually saw the buck the next day chasing does in a field. IMG_20211104_151329649.jpgIMG_20211104_151506579.jpgIMG_20211104_151458950.jpgIMG_20211104_160503880.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bright red. Prob shoulder/ muscle. Sometimes those bubbles can just be from the blood hitting the ground or you may have 1 lunged him. A shoulder hit can Def seem like alot of blood. Tough call. Trust your gut and if you feel you have given him your best effort, that's all you can do.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Well after 4 hours of trying to advance last blood I backed out. After 200 yds he was just dripping and the only way I could continue the track was by seeing where he brushed up against small brush. I probably tracked him 400 yds total. Maybe the bubbles in the blood in this case weren't lungs after all? I couldn't find the arrow, I even backtracked and still didn't see it. He went into a really wet swamp. It's more water than land. What I thought was him crashing was him going down the steep backside of the ridge. It appears he started using his front leg again judging by the trail. I'll go back in the AM and grid search awhile. He turned near last blood and headed back towards 200 acres of really thick hillsides and more wet swamp. I did kick up 2-3 more bucks in there, one was same basic size rack wise but if it was him he went straight up a huge ridge seemingly fine, 3.5 hrs after the hit. From the highest of highs to the lowest. At this point I'm hoping it was all shoulder and he survives. pics below are from a dead run in the first 200 yds, he bled like crazy, then almost instantly it stopped. I've never shoulder hit a deer before so I'm not sure if that's consistent with that type of hit or not. My buddy hit one in the shoulder a few years back and he says it was the same blood for them, great to nothing. They actually saw the buck the next day chasing does in a field. IMG_20211104_151329649.jpgIMG_20211104_151506579.jpgIMG_20211104_151458950.jpgIMG_20211104_160503880.jpg

I know a dog tracker in Central NY if you want to try that.  PM Sent

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chrisw said:

If you are still tracking blood no matter how little. Back out now, if you haven't already, and go back in the am.

The single biggest mistake many make is not giving them long enough to die. 

Example. Buddy shot one in the shoulder, but due to bubbles in the blood we figured it was dead within an hour. We started tracking and ended up jumping him. Went back 6rs later tracked 5-600 yds jumped him again. Finally smartened up and backed out.

Went back the next morning and found him another 300yds away. He scored 160". We were lucky after our mistakes. One blade of the broadhead barely punctured  into the lung area.(explained the bubles)  

Just now, Belo said:

Have tracked a few shoulder hit deer. They bleed well, I’ve seen bubbles and it’s pretty bright. All had survived. Sucks man.

Were all arrows found ?if so,how much penetration did they have ?

Had a decent hunt tonight. I heard a buck grunting a little not long after sitting down. Shortly after that I saw a doe pop out into a small food plot of corn and clover. A few minutes later a decent looking 8 pointer came into the plots other end. Once he saw the doe he started moving that way. After he got to where the doe came into the plot he stopped and stared into the brush. Then he took off after a doe I never saw in the brush. It didn't last too long then he came back into the plot back where he first did where some other does and fawns now were. He didn't really mess with them much. That was it for the night. The buck was about a twin to the buck I shot last year. If he'd have come close enough he would have gotten a pass, I'm hoping to see something a bit bigger at some point. Glad to have a little action anyways. 

• Like 3