LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Rather than stare at a deerless woods any longer, I decided my day would be better spent bringing in some firewood. Gotta cord stacked on the porch and another cord stacked and covered by the shed.... just incase! Heading back out to the stand soon, probably to stare at a deerless woods again until dark... :rolleyes:

Spooked a coyote out on my way out at 1200 back in the stand. I was staring at my gun stand all morning and was saying to myself "man that really sticks out. So I came in from another direction and I am skylighted bad. Now I have to move the stand. Got a tree picked out but have to do some clearing. Just got to find the right day to do it.

I swear there are two types of posts on this forum.

Group 1: Sat for 10 hrs. freezing my @ss off and didn't see an "F"ing thing. (I'm in this group)

Group 2:Ran out for a quick sit in my heated buddy blind on the edge of one of our 200 ac. food plots. Had 3 "small" 4.5 yr old nine points come under my stand but I gave them a pass (waiting on their grandfather!!) and 26 annoying doe roaming around me all day. Slow day :cry:, well maybe tomorrow will be better, wish me luck.

God how I want to join group 2....

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Judoka95 said:

Group 1: Sat for 10 hrs. freezing my @ss off and didn't see an "F"ing thing. (I'm in this group)

Group 2:Ran out for a quick sit in my heated buddy blind on the edge of one of our 200 ac. food plots. Had 3 "small" 4.5 yr old nine points come under my stand but I gave them a pass (waiting on their grandfather!!) and 26 annoying doe roaming around me all day. Slow day :cry:, well maybe tomorrow will be better, wish me luck.

What fun would it be to see deer every day? 

Who am I kidding, it would be amazing!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Judoka95 said:

YEP, pretty much!! Just try to keep the faith that our turns coming my friend!

• Like 2

Of course i snuck out early and hopped in the stand.. just had the one person form work call that I can’t ignore…. Oh well hopefully one 10 min phone call didn’t mess things up too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Of course i snuck out early and hopped in the stand.. just had the one person form work call that I can’t ignore…. Oh well hopefully one 10 min phone call didn’t mess things up too bad

I’ve actually shot 2 bucks while on the phone ,on the ground,sitting against a tree . psycho women.....

• Like 1

Out at Littlefield stand. Looks like anything we planted here is gone.  A crazy scrape to my left at 12 yards though right below my scrape dripper in trail.  Bad news is cam was dead....hoping it only died out recently.  Should've brought some batteries in my pack. 

IMG_20211105_144339835_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211105_144344231.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish

15 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Still sitting in the deerless woods sence dark this AM.squirrels keeping me awake and entertained

Never been good at them all day sits.  Usually try it once maybe twice a year. Never see anything more than a regular day.  But you never know. Time over target!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Never been good at them all day sits.  Usually try it once maybe twice a year. Never see anything more than a regular day.  But you never know. Time over target!

I haven't done an all day sit in prob 10 years:rofl:.i can see why now.figured ah why not,prob be the only one of the year..what could it hurt....apparently alot because when I stand up it sounds like a popcorn maker 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

I'm a group one life member. 

That's ok. I never had it so good, to know I have so it bad?  :dontknow:

• Like 2

I went for a scout/hunt mid day and didn't see much for sign. Hardly any rubs and even less scrapes. When I fed my horses this a.m. I saw a doe getting harassed by a spike. On my way back to my house I saw a doe and young one in my neighbors field,he let's me hunt. So I snuck up into the hedgerow and then saw a third deer. That same little spike. He kept on looking into the hedgerow and I thought I was hidden pretty good. the doe worked off into the woods and I figured I would mess with the spike. I snort wheezed and he about peed his hocks. He jumped and ran and I was thinking he must have gotten his ars kicked recently when a real nice 8 jumped out of the same hedgerow I was in,maybe 50 yds to my left. He chased that little guy because I think he thought the little guy snort wheezed. That was pretty exciting,so these deer hid in the thick stuff right by my neighbors driveway. They had better look out as he is a crossbow hunter. 

• Like 3

Had a pic of a lone doe on one cam at 2:30pm. Then, had a pic of a little 7pt at another cam moving at 3:15pm. That’s promising anyways! The way my season has been going, it doesn’t take much for me to get excited anymore!

Is group 2 looking for new members?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Guy down the road from here says he has Hollywood deer... he sees them in pictures but never in real life

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m using that !

• Like 1