LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

8 hours ago, Jmny said:

Was wondering if they found this buck? Stated there was a good blood track for a mile.  Hopefully, they continues searching and we’re successful. An average deer has approximately 8 pints of blood.  And should be recovered after it  loses  35% of its blood it will  be recoverable.  So that’s an average of 128 ounces of blood minus 35% ( 44.8 ounces rounded to 45.  A good blood flow track for a distance of a mile, should result in recovering the deer shortly after picking up the trail the next day here’s hoping your successful in your recovery..

I myself was not on this tracking job. A couple of friends of mine were. Based on what they said, they thought that deer should have ran out of blood for sure. I do know a little blood can go a long ways.  According to onyx maps they tracked the deer for 1.5 miles. The buck never bedded and there were coyote tracks following it the whole way. Finally, they lost the blood in a flooded hardwoods. The shooter called a guy with a dog and he said the dealer is probably still alive. We both hope so. This is the buck...

IMAG0806.JPG

IMAG0799 (2).JPG

IMAG0800 (2).JPG

IMAG0096 (3).JPG

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I myself was not on this tracking job. A couple of friends of mine were. Based on what they said, they thought that deer should have ran out of blood for sure. I do know a little blood can go a long ways.  According to onyx maps they tracked the deer for 1.5 miles. The buck never bedded and there were coyote tracks following it the whole way. Finally, they lost the blood in a flooded hardwoods. The shooter called a guy with a dog and he said the dealer is probably still alive. We both hope so. This is the buck...

IMAG0806.JPG

IMAG0799 (2).JPG

IMAG0800 (2).JPG

IMAG0096 (3).JPG

Damn. that buck is so cool. If he does survive he's gonna be even freakier next year with a wound

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judoka95 said:

I swear there are two types of posts on this forum.

Group 1: Sat for 10 hrs. freezing my @ss off and didn't see an "F"ing thing. (I'm in this group)

Group 2:Ran out for a quick sit in my heated buddy blind on the edge of one of our 200 ac. food plots. Had 3 "small" 4.5 yr old nine points come under my stand but I gave them a pass (waiting on their grandfather!!) and 26 annoying doe roaming around me all day. Slow day :cry:, well maybe tomorrow will be better, wish me luck.

God how I want to join group 2....

Im in group 1.

Very unusual! My cell hams have been popping since 2:30! More cam activity since 2:30, than I’ve had in the past week combined actually! Just a couple small bucks and maybe 5 does, but by God it’s activity anyways!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow! I wish 4 small bucks and 2 does was a slow morning for me. That's more deer than I've seen all season

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We have a massive population issue and big ag so seeing deer is pretty much a given. Very fortunate to hunt where I do

I swear there are two types of posts on this forum.
Group 1: Sat for 10 hrs. freezing my @ss off and didn't see an "F"ing thing. (I'm in this group)
Group 2:Ran out for a quick sit in my heated buddy blind on the edge of one of our 200 ac. food plots. Had 3 "small" 4.5 yr old nine points come under my stand but I gave them a pass (waiting on their grandfather!!) and 26 annoying doe roaming around me all day. Slow day :cry:, well maybe tomorrow will be better, wish me luck.
God how I want to join group 2....

Screw that heated blind pussy bs. For gun, fine. I’ll be swinging from a tree in my loin cloth and recurve.

Girly bow season starts tomorrow for all those who can’t hack it right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

Girly bow season starts tomorrow for all those who can’t hack it right?

Well I haven't been out yet , I'm waiting for Girly ( Crossbow ) bow season to open tomorrow !  LOL  I'm sure it's gonna be a tough night to get some sleep , I'll probably wake up 1-2 hours before necessary and head out early ! Good Luck all you Girly Men !  :elf:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GreeneHunter said:

Well I haven't been out yet , I'm waiting for Girly ( Crossbow ) bow season to open tomorrow !  LOL  I'm sure it's gonna be a tough night to get some sleep , I'll probably wake up 1-2 hours before necessary and head out early ! Good Luck all you Girly Men !  :elf:

Just keep the hat covering those pig tails and you'll be fine.

• Haha 1

Well I was going to hunt with my compound through bow as the shoulder has been ok and I prefer the compound to the Xbow , but now fir some reason I feel the need use it .

Report from group 1 , 9 1/2 hours on stand today, one small buck at a distance , it totally sucks .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Made sure i freshened my scrape on way out too.the best doebuck wiz around :rofl:.someone showed up lastnight and didnt look too happy!!!!!!!!for a 4pt he's got a big body and holy kneck!

00000008.JPG

00000001.JPG

00000036.JPG

00000038.JPG

That sure is a unique 4 point!

• Like 2