LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Walked out the door today and man the coyotes were fired up!! There had to be dozen in a 800 yard stretch of woods, non-stop barking, yipping and howling! I almost didn’t go to my stand, as I needed to walk through the middle of them. Never heard them so vocal before!! Could be why the deer aren’t here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just turned legal at 7:26 here on the SE corner of wmu 9F.  It is bright enough, at the edge of a clearing in the woods, that I can see the crosshairs on the scope on my CP sniper.  I am in the upper deck of my most comfortable stand over here. 
First hunt of the sz archery season.  

Up in our double ladder with my son in 8j toting the xbow for him and I have my regular bow.  Haven't seen a thing except a hundred squirrels or so. It's kind of nice to hear the leaves crunch for once after a month of rain and wet leaves.

I sat this stand last night and saw two doe separately and a trophy spike horn that weighed less than the doe I saw.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

How bad would it be to get down and go to my other stand about 1/4 mi away? Wind shifted from NE to SW. less than ideal for here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't be much worse than sitting all day and not seeing anything. 50/50.