LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I got down at 10:30. Kind of a bummer on the way out. I found a little buck the coyotes have picked clean. I heard them all lit up a couple mornings ago. I'm guessing my neighbor that shots at almost every buck he sees probably made a bad shot on him at some point recently being that I was only hunting about 125 yards from his stand that is right on my line overlooking my corn field. Also I bumped a doe and buck bedded together on the way out20211106_102438.thumb.jpg.e43e272f34811f7f128bd9ea59ab0359.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hunted b4 daylight till 1030. Saw nothing heard something moving but couldn't tell what it was. Starting to get frustrated. Tracks are there with droppings. But like no sign of any rut activities. I thought I found a ground scrape put curiosity in it. Nothing refreshened it. Don't know what the hell is going on.

Couldn’t ask for much more this morning except bigger deer. The deer I saw bed down got up about 10:45 and painfully slow made there way right towards me. About 35-40 yards out I could notice 2 where button bucks and the third was doe even smaller than them. I had one button under me and the other 2 at 10 yards and they never spooked. They finally left me alone when a wheeler came down the main path a few hundred yards away. Back at it tomorrow morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so going back to nice  big 6 point. Watched that buck zig zagging down 20' strip between woodsl edge and cow pasture. 100 yards nose to the ground, then 75, then maybe 65. I tried grunting him but no bueno. Now the funny thing happens. Doe must have jumped or crawled under the electric fence. He walks right into it.....could see his reaction and he didn't give af. He taked a few more steps like wth and then splays out on all fours crawling under it.I lol'd . He preceded to zig zag across the pasture not to be see again. 

• Haha 4

Had to delay Ohio start a day. We will head out this evening. Partner still sick but getting better and he is packing so that’s the sign lol.

I got out this AM. Had the release loaded on the d-loop with a nice four year old. Needed 15 more yards but an ill timed doe spun him 180 degrees and he was after her. Lucky him. Saw him by chance a good ways away and he worked into me and I really didn’t think he’d come my way, veering away from some other does he appeared to be following. The first pic is him on the berm where I saw him first. Longgg ways away and could tell he was a good buck without glass on him.

Was able to catch a video of him as he turned and started after the doe.

We will hunt there this PM and then get going to Ohio.

0229776C-6F41-4017-A78A-5F18C7B3A185.jpeg

15A44303-43A5-4061-86D1-F1AE3D7BA1F6.png

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

We found the bolt I launched this moring.....this tree was around 100 yards from our blind. The deer was around 24 yards and the one blade had a single hair on it and no blood. I was aiming mid body and am guessing the mesh caused it to go high. Oh well that deer lives to see another day and we had fun this morning.54c7efd4990d3e0335cf8095a53c215e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

Ok heading to a friend's house in 3h. That has an antler restriction  correct? 3 on one side . Can I take a doe there with my bow tag  ? Even thought I live in 3m . ( not talking about a doe tag )

Yes antler restrictions and yes you can take a doe with your either sex tag…. Where in 3h

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Team Hoyt said:

Liver blood?

20211106_121606.jpg

I wouldn’t rush that track .wait at least 6 hours .also ,you may find limited blood ,don’t give up the search ,if liver ,that deer is dead .He may be close by bedded if you didn’t push him .

Edited by WNYTRPR

I just slipped out of the stand for 45 minutes to grab a couple of cameras from the other end of the property. I got with in 30 get of 2 doe that were eating at the base of one of my stands. They didn't know I was there so I sat still hoping a buck was with them or following them after 10 minutes I had a small buck coming up from behind he got to under 10 yards from me then noticed me and trotted away. He has 4 points on one side and a busted main beam on the other.  I'm guessing it's his busted antler that I found last weekend.

Now I'm back up in the stand until dark.

• Like 2