LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Afternoon hunt was a bust for me. No deer seen on the upper end of the property. Lower end was the place to be. Hunting partner saw nine with two decent bucks. His daughter, shot at and missed a young buck.

Will be back out in the morning. Think I'm going back to where I saw that nice buck earlier in the day.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

2 doe seen,1 at 2pm and one at 515 when i ended field.guess i wasnt quick enough n they put the feed bag on early.back at it tomorrow morning in the normal pines stand.it aint over yet,not trying to let u down @Robhuntandfish :taunt:

Just hoping you connect one of these trips out. You've been hitting it hard. You'll get one yet! 

• Like 1

So, turned out to be an even better day. I shot my ten point at 12:35 and with the help of three friends had recovered and had it hanging by 2:30. My friend and his son then went out on my property for the afternoon and his son scored on this nice six point. His first archery buck. 

205966B0-6605-45F5-9DD0-B76ACD50A5BD.jpeg

E6A46E21-8DD6-4802-8461-4C57766A48B7.jpeg

• Like 34

Not to be that guy… but I was going to say 3.5. No way he’s 5.5. 4.5 best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you think that pic from last year is of a 2.5 year old deer? You gotta remember this is seny not ag country

• Like 2

My nephew Kayden had a hunt he'll never forget. 

Had a monster (his words) come running in chasing two doe just a few yds from his ground blind. Buck circled around around 6pm( legal in our area was 6:12), but still rather dark. Could see the buck in the xbow scope,but miss judged the distance. Shot under him. 

• Like 2

So, turned out to be an even better day. I shot my ten point at 12:35 and with the help of three friends had recovered and had it hanging by 2:30. My friend and his son then went out on my property for the afternoon and his son scored on this nice six point. His first archery buck. 
205966B0-6605-45F5-9DD0-B76ACD50A5BD.thumb.jpeg.17b5929366ad9b6ab034af00fcaef905.jpeg
E6A46E21-8DD6-4802-8461-4C57766A48B7.thumb.jpeg.940ed809aaf4d9d1cf1a0fd095764dd4.jpeg

Amazing day and memories for a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How’s section 1 doing? When I was in HS at Mahopac the girls won the state in field hockey. 2001

No idea, but it looks like we are headed to Long Island next weekend.  We might meet up with them there.  

I guess my being there did the trick, because she scored the game winning goal tonight. 

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 7

Afternoon hunt was a bust for me. No deer seen on the upper end of the property. Lower end was the place to be. Hunting partner saw nine with two decent bucks. His daughter, shot at and missed a young buck.
Will be back out in the morning. Think I'm going back to where I saw that nice buck earlier in the day.

Oh I feel good about this!!!!!

• Like 2

Went out with my son this afternoon. We were in our stands just under an hour when he scored on this buck. I have nicknamed my son Lucky Chuckie. He seems to score every year on a nice buck with his bow.         valoroutdoors.com 
20211106_170133.thumb.jpg.d251a0a43add788b8c056c836a341339.jpg

Nice. Front shirt pocket shot?

No idea, but it looks like we are headed to Long Island next weekend.  We might meet up with them there.  

I guess my being there did the trick, because she scored the game winning goal tonight. 

You are coming to SENY are you having a beer with us ?

• Like 1

Man I need to find some land or a lease in the southern tier or western NY. The Adirondacks are hard hunting man I'd be a expert killer down there. Plus you get to see deer without baiting. I hunt state land but all private land around they all bait. Now I just have to find that runway going to and from them on the state. But on the other hand I hunted Laurens ny with a buddy and his dad they bragged about all the deer and killing them. I didn't see a deer the whole weekend. The only deer we seen were in a hollow bedded right next to a gas station off interstate. Smart deer! Sorry for the rant just frustrated on camera but not showing up.

Finally joined after following  for awhile. 
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are about hikers allowing there dogs to run loose and chase deer on state park land.

Welcome….. and I am pretty sure you know how we all feel about it lol

My daughter’s team got bumped early due to a goal they scored not counting - NO ONE - coaches, players, officials included - truly knows the rules of field hockey. They just blow the whistle and point and everyone accepts it!

• Like 1

My daughter’s team got bumped early due to a goal they scored not counting - NO ONE - coaches, players, officials included - truly knows the rules of field hockey. They just blow the whistle and point and everyone accepts it!

Guess i sat in the wrong spot tonight! This is the buck i drew on last week. I was 50 yards away from him. I did see him a hundred yards away in the field, grunted at him and got his attention, but he would not cone to me. 649aa411023b135bde576ad89ae02018.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Guess i sat in the wrong spot tonight! This is the buck i drew on last week. I was 50 yards away from him. I did see him a hundred yards away in the field, grunted at him and got his attention, but he would not cone to me. 649aa411023b135bde576ad89ae02018.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Man I need to find some land or a lease in the southern tier or western NY. The Adirondacks are hard hunting man I'd be a expert killer down there. Plus you get to see deer without baiting. I hunt state land but all private land around they all bait. Now I just have to find that runway going to and from them on the state. But on the other hand I hunted Laurens ny with a buddy and his dad they bragged about all the deer and killing them. I didn't see a deer the whole weekend. The only deer we seen were in a hollow bedded right next to a gas station off interstate. Smart deer! Sorry for the rant just frustrated on camera but not showing up.

Where are you out of? I'm off Monday- Wednesday I can try to get you on some stateland deer around me. No promises that I can get you on any but I have some good spots picked out that aren't getting hit and I won't hunt then until gun since my bow tag is filled.

I'll offer this to anyone. If they are having a hard time or want a different view let me know. My spots aren't great and can be hard hunting but there are deer in them.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 8