LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

7 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Where are you out of? I'm off Monday- Wednesday I can try to get you on some stateland deer around me. No promises that I can get you on any but I have some good spots picked out that aren't getting hit and I won't hunt then until gun since my bow tag is filled.

I'll offer this to anyone. If they are having a hard time or want a different view let me know. My spots aren't great and can be hard hunting but there are deer in them.  

I'm outta way up north 5 c Clinton county  between Plattsburgh and lake placid. I'd take you up on that offer. It's rifle up here now but I'd love to get one with my bow never have. Been hunting with bow since I was 14 I'm 37 now.  I love a challenge I just wanna see a deer in the woods and not on the side of a road.

Just now, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

I'm outta way up north 5 c Clinton county  between Plattsburgh and lake placid. I'd take you up on that offer. It's rifle up here now but I'd love to get one with my bow never have. Been hunting with bow since I was 14 I'm 37 now.  I love a challenge I just wanna see a deer in the woods and not on the side of a road.

Yea your way up there I'm an hr north of Binghamton. Offers there. Also have the last 3 or 4 days of bow season off as well.  

So you think that pic from last year is of a 2.5 year old deer? You gotta remember this is seny not ag country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are SENY deer smaller? Ag is over rated IMO, the biggest bucks I’ve ever seen or killed are in the suburbs miles away from any crop fields. There’s less of them, but they don’t look any different than the ag fed bucks I chase

I’d guess that buck you showed is 3 or 4. Hard to judge off one pic. Nice buck either way, good luck chasing him!

• Like 2

100% can it’s 15 min or so from my house

Had a short morning hunt on the bean field before my sons last JV football game of the season. In before sunrise and had deer all around until sunrise. At 8:45 this up and comer decided to take a stroll looking for a date. Sat until 9:30 then went to game then to a new spot I just got permission at for the evening. I've only hunted here one other time and that was the youth hunt with my son when he got his first so I'm packing the climber. Picked a spot that is pretty thick off the edge of a power line that had 2 freshly opened scrapes. Had a doe go through about 4 then at 5 had what would have been easily at least a mid 120's 8 if his right side wasn't broke off just passed the brow tine. Little later had 2 different bucks grunting on each side of me but no view of either. Just before last light a spike decided to come through. Left the climber hanging on the tree for the morning hoping to get eyes on the one that broke the big 8. First is a pic of the up and comer that is pushing his luck as this is the 3rd time I've passed. 2nd is my son with his 1st.657923200.thumb.jpg.9e3cb681eb7040ecdf5528d0b339938b.jpg20211009_185629.thumb.jpg.809df900bd2bcb07256f940129290bc6.jpg

• Like 9

Not to be that guy… but I was going to say 3.5. No way he’s 5.5. 4.5 best.

I would agree, albeit I have no direct history with the deer but I wouldn't have guessed anywhere near 5.5... looks like a solid 2.5, maybe 3.5.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My nephew Kayden had a hunt he'll never forget. 
Had a monster (his words) come running in chasing two doe just a few yds from his ground blind. Buck circled around around 6pm( legal in our area was 6:12), but still rather dark. Could see the buck in the xbow scope,but miss judged the distance. Shot under him. 

Dang, almost had another customer!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Woke up an hour before my alarm even with the time change. I must be excited for crossbow! Had to work yesterday unfortunately. Can only hunt the morning because I have my first deer to mount for the season coming in. Nice 9 a friend of a friend shot Friday evening. Not sure what stand to go to, weather says SSW wind but only 1 mph and the only cam I've been getting any pics on is next to a stand that's facing north. It's on a hill so I'm hoping the thermals carry my scent up. Been the slowest season I've ever seen on this property in 4b but I'm not giving up. Good luck to everyone!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is it 3:30 or 4:30 am??? Clock says 3:30. I'm on deer time. They don't follow Daylight Savings Time! 

Up and at em, for another wonderful day in the November deer woods!  

Crossbow's turn today. Looking to get one hanging if I can!

Best of luck to all heading out!!

• Like 8

I'm up.. man it feels early.. going to tote the Xbow today. It gives me a few options where the upright bow is not ideal. I should have a south wind. It's going to be really loud waking in with all the cold dry leaves on the ground, but hopefully I'll be there early enough that things settle before day break. Good luck to anyone getting out.

• Like 1

I’ve been awake on and off since 1am… long walk over plowed up field today , Hoping that I perhaps just see a deer this morning. It’ll be a very difficult drag , I hope Ron is home and checks his phone, he can buzz over on an ATV .

Hunting with the compound , Xbow maybe tomorrow.

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Showered, coffee, bite to eat and off to redneck blind in a half hour or so. Hoping to get one with the crossbow. Yesterday saw 5 does, (2) 4 pointers, a spike, 3 pointer and a really nice half racked 8 pointer which I might regret not taking.  Good luck all!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grampy said:

Was just out on the back deck sipping my coffee. Quiet and frosty out. Neighborhood is sleepy. I'm raring to go! God I love this time of year!

I find that inspirational , as about now I question a lot especially since it’s looking like a replete of last year .