LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Thinking about tapping out soon. Just a coyote, red fox and squirrels all morning! The farmer has been picking a corn field about 100 yards away for the past 2+ hours and I thought for sure he would run something over my way. Nothing!!! The field borders a cut soybean field and nothing has crossed that either, running out of the corn. I’m out of ideas as to the lack of deer and sightings this year.

Think I’ll go ponder this over a couple slices of pizza…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Thinking about tapping out soon. Just a coyote, red fox and squirrels all morning! The farmer has been picking a corn field about 100 yards away for the past 2+ hours and I thought for sure he would run something over my way. Nothing!!! The field borders a cut soybean field and nothing has crossed that either, running out of the corn. I’m out of ideas as to the lack of deer and sightings this year.

hang in there. determination ,stubbornness will prevail for you . only takes one to go zero to hero in a second. Cheese and pepperoni?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I will second @turkeyfeathers advice. I was hoping to kill three deer with my bow this year,now I am wondering if I will manage even one. I shouldn't complain,at least I see some deer,just not in the right spots or position. 

I don't know how I forget that so many things have to line up to get a high percentage shot at a deer with a bow. 

It doesn't helped that I flubbed that one a few weekends ago.

A lot can happen in a week and a half,let's keep motivated and ready!

• Like 4

Been in for the PM since noon to a hour break for a dump and lunch…. Moved stands as I felt the other stand needed a rest.

Exactly 24 hours ago there were two good bucks 20’yards to the left of where I’m sitting… let’s see if lightening can strike twice

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

And Lord is it hot out.  Is it legal to hunt in my skivies?  A little worried that a rush of single toothed women may ruin the hunt.  

Some of the best advice I was given but didn't take was from my grandfather. He said "you should marry a fat ugly one that can cook and clean, you know you'll come home to a clean house and a good meal. If you do something to piss her off and she leaves who cares, she was fat and ugly anyways."

• Like 4
  • Haha 2