LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

5 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Some of the best advice I was given but didn't take was from my grandfather. He said "you should marry a fat ugly one that can cook and clean, you know you'll come home to a clean house and a good meal. If you do something to piss her off and she leaves who cares, she was fat and ugly anyways."

grandpappy taught me" if you can't touch the back bang the heck outta the sides junior "

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Some of the best advice I was given but didn't take was from my grandfather. He said "you should marry a fat ugly one that can cook and clean, you know you'll come home to a clean house and a good meal. If you do something to piss her off and she leaves who cares, she was fat and ugly anyways."

As much as I want to, I won’t ask whether you took his advice.  I can cook and clean myself.  Lol. That said, I was spoiled.   

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

As much as I want to, I won’t ask whether you took his advice.  I can cook and clean myself.  Lol. That said, I was spoiled.   

Nope I let that piece of advice fall on deaf ears but he must of told my cousin the same thing and, well he listened.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Nope I let that piece of advice fall on deaf ears but he must of told my cousin the same thing and, well he listened.

I much prefer being the trophy husband .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20211108_143426.thumb.jpg.840e26b991377c61b479d1556a2a2cc9.jpg

First time this blind has been hunted. Been here 6 weeks now. 30 yard shot to the huge buckthorn bedding area, that borders a swamp. Major deer trail just to the left of center window. Saw 5 bucks come out that trail last year from another stand. With the lack of deer sightings,, just gotta move closer to where they are bedding. Wind is perfect. If a buck cruises the outside edge scent checking for does, I'll have a shot too.  Continuing to grind it out and keep trying to come up with a plan that works?? Maybe this will? Maybe it won't? But I'll continue to throw everything at em that I can! Eventually something will stick!!!

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

"Its just as easy to marry a rich girl than a poor one"  

SHoulda married me a sugar mamma, you know, the kind with 300 acres of private land.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bhunterED said:

So wait,  I’m the one that cooks and cleans …..  so does that mean,  DAM it … 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

If you don't have agg around right now, what are the deer eating?  

They cleaned the shit out of the acorns this year, literally none left in my woods. Got a few apples left on the tree but not many, anyone having any good luck?  

I hunt a big hay field with a stream and some open timber, not having much luck.

If you don't have agg around right now, what are the deer eating?  

They cleaned the shit out of the acorns this year, literally none left in my woods. Got a few apples left on the tree but not many, anyone having any good luck?  

I hunt a big hay field with a stream and some open timber, not having much luck.
Poor acorn crop where I hunt too this year, but with the warm weather the thorny vines are still green. I think the deer are eating that and mushrooms and raiding the neighborhoods for whatever they can find. The last thing the buck I shot this weekend ate was some dried oak leaves.....that can't be good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Day 2 in Ohio. Mornings great, cold and deer moving. PMs, hot as balls and we’ve been adjusting to try to get on deer in in daylight. Temp hit 64 yesterday and today truck read 69 degrees at 1. Mornings have had hard frosts that last til 9ish.

This morning I had a great chase sequence but I pretty much was a spectator. It was the mad dash and nothing going to stop them. Really nice buck, about 40 yards out. Heard him in thick brush and got ready. Saw what looked like a one year old doe head into that thicket from opposite direction and she shot out of there with him in tow. He ran up by my partner and he could hear the deer but never laid eyes on him. Several other does this AM but none acted rutty. I think it’s still early here.

We are both in a bottom of a valley bowl this PM. It definitely is cooler down here but scent will be an issue. With PMs being so hot and slow for us we are gambling. Temps look phenomenal…after we leave.

Had to put phone in pocket. A two year old 8 just came by going uphill at an angle. By the other tree we picked but didn’t put a stand in. At least I’ve seen a deer now in the PM.

• Like 5