LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 hour ago, dinorocks said:

Caught up with camp chores and putting up fur…going to relax with my flinty for a couple hours…found a nice spot under a white pine near an old windmill.

8400AD5B-7C27-4AC0-BFC4-A3F508E8515B.jpeg

1B1EB26C-CF1B-4F35-8C6B-040EEEA6AF11.jpeg

Hey Dino

Saw the picture and knew it was your post. Old wind mill is very cool! Glad to hear you had some fur caught. Best of luck hunting 

brian

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:19 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Westchester (3S) is bow only 10/1 - 12/31. After thanksgiving lots of deer drives on stateland. I’ve never been a part of one but they happen often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So your saying they do deer drive  with bow only  hmmm  lol I said that and was told it was bs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 50calpeephole said:

"Its just as easy to marry a rich girl than a poor one"  

SHoulda married me a sugar mamma, you know, the kind with 300 acres of private land.

I told my wife if I ever found some old lady with a bunch of prime real-estate not to take it to heart and that I still love her but a man has to do what a man has to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Well good news is a buck DID show up. Bad news is that I hit him in the guts. This digested food everywhere, very little blood. Should I wait until morning to track him?

I would, guts are still lethal but it can take 12+ hours. If you can't follow their trail and it ends in a search look near water. They sometimes will lay in water to cool the burning sensation they are feeling. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Well good news is a buck DID show up. Bad news is that I hit him in the guts. This digested food everywhere, very little blood. Should I wait until morning to track him?

Yes probably should . Hopefully not lots of yotes in your area. They find gut shots pretty easy. But if not much blood prob best to wait.  I shot a doe and hit gut and liver but had a good blood track and found her after waiting 2 hours.  

I would check first 40-50 yards and if not good blood back out.  

One thing I have done with gutshot deer in the dark is leave my battery latern up the trail it took. Always hoping it deters yotes on it's trail. 

Good luck, let us know how you make out. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Go back after midnight or go first thing in the morning .

37 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Absolutely... Going back in the morning will greatly increase your odds of a successful recovery. 

Good luck.

Yes I’d wait till 7 am it will be dead and not jumped passed recovering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So your saying they do deer drive  with bow only  hmmm  lol I said that and was told it was bs

I have pushed during bow. If done right it’s just like a good gun drive. We do not push loud and to make them run but to bump them to slowly hit escape routes. Often stopping to look and listen. And no we would never shoot an arrow or bolt at a moving deer. We usually just do this with one of us on a slow bump and one or two in stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

I’ll go against the grain here. You have yotes and warm temperatures against you. I shot a doe 2 years ago square in the guts. Gave her about 3hrs and took the track (at night) found her maybe 100yrs. I hate waiting over night if I can avoid it. 

• Like 2