LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Way to go on the bucks!!

My brother lost the trail on a doe a few years back behind the house. I went out first thing in the am and found it but yotes had got to the ass end. I took the straps and fronts with no issue. As long as the skin is not punctured or anything the meat under would be fine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My first buck had the back end chewed out, I had no problem taking everything I could. My friend absolutely refused to eat it and even drew coyotes on the freezer paper lol

@Whereareyoubuck you can draw a pretty conservative area around where it was chewed and where you take your cuts. Hang it up, skin it and just like you would arrow and bullet wounds, trim around the nasty parts. If you're really uneasy just be extra conservative. Any meat is better than no meat. You're going to lose the tenderloins of course and I'd steer away from the shoulders, although parts might still be ok for the grind pile. But those back hams and chops should be fine. Just be sure to check the inside of the backstraps that they didn't get through from the guts. 

Normally, like other guys have said they'll eat the ass out and you lose a lot of meat in the rump, but yours looks untouched. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

So here’s the full story…shot him late yesterday, and found guts everywhere at impact but barely any blood. I watched him run toward my house (this is about a quarter mile into the woods on my property), and his blood trail followed along the creek that runs parallel to the trail I take to go home.

Got up this morning and started tracking at 6 AM (thanks everyone for the advice), tracked his blood and guts for an hour, about another quarter mile through my neighbors’ properties into a swamp. Turns out this is a huge buck bedding area…huge rubs and scrapes everywhere! Had to carry him back through the mud and water, but totally worth it. 

The coyotes only ate some of the intestines, and left everything else. Other than the bad shot, overall still very happy! 

C3C5BA98-5130-44C2-9C8A-D60D46839192.jpeg

• Like 39

On 11/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, Chef said:

I just ordered a new one, it arrives Tuesday. I will sell you my Barnet recruit for $100 if you want it…. Can meet off of 87 some where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I bought my son for an early Christmas present from the Family ....

thumbnail_IMG_20211109_095354535_PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 5

So here’s the full story…shot him late yesterday, and found guts everywhere at impact but barely any blood. I watched him run toward my house (this is about a quarter mile into the woods on my property), and his blood trail followed along the creek that runs parallel to the trail I take to go home.
Got up this morning and started tracking at 6 AM (thanks everyone for the advice), tracked his blood and guts for an hour, about another quarter mile through my neighbors’ properties into a swamp. Turns out this is a huge buck bedding area…huge rubs and scrapes everywhere! Had to carry him back through the mud and water, but totally worth it. 

The coyotes only ate some of the intestines, and left everything else. Other than the bad shot, overall still very happy! 
C3C5BA98-5130-44C2-9C8A-D60D46839192.thumb.jpeg.d09a2cbe86035a70f5c2c46b11b4a376.jpeg

Either you are jacked or that is a very small
Bodied deer! Either way that’s awesome congrats

• Like 2

This is what I bought my son for an early Christmas present from the Family ....
thumbnail_IMG_20211109_095354535_PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.76abcb714781cead9d4c27750b4ff80d.jpg

Awesome I love Barnett they are great bows. The one I had was a older Barnett.

I hope the next pic we see of that bow has your son and a dead deer in it!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

C3C5BA98-5130-44C2-9C8A-D60D46839192.jpeg

Congrats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Either you are jacked or that is a very small
Bodied deer! Either way that’s awesome congrats

Well he's not big, but he did feel a lot lighter than deer I have in the past...this past year I have been training a lot with deadlifting and squats. Guess it paid off!

• Like 3

On 11/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, Chef said:

I just ordered a new one, it arrives Tuesday. I will sell you my Barnet recruit for $100 if you want it…. Can meet off of 87 some where.

I’ll take it for $100 if it’s still available?

I’ll take it for $100 if it’s still available?

It is shoot me a PM with your number and I’ll text you some pics and we can talk… there are a few minor cosmetic issues that done affect function.

Out this morning with Sweet ABBEY hunting the the Wary Woodcock.
 1 hour of Walking in this Beautiful  Weather.
20211109_082059.thumb.jpg.f8735cd9ee0f3a532819ea379260279b.jpg

I knew a girl named Abbey….. she hunted the Cockwood quite often

• Haha 3