LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

15 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Quick card swap and back up. Multiple bucks within minutes of each other. Don’t think this chucabura looks healthy 

E246C551-1B60-4F7B-8509-E72414CEF638.png

D3E7276F-0918-483D-A7C9-D1CE355A2988.png

867F3FF6-701E-4F5C-8DB2-AAB77B284D3D.png

CA272950-16BA-42C5-81BA-D2424075C445.png

3932354C-1CBB-467D-8C64-3C34FB769005.png

Beautiful bucks, but ugly ass chucabura!! Just need those bucks to make a mistake and get moving during the day!! I'm rooting for you!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

So here’s the full story…shot him late yesterday, and found guts everywhere at impact but barely any blood. I watched him run toward my house (this is about a quarter mile into the woods on my property), and his blood trail followed along the creek that runs parallel to the trail I take to go home.

Got up this morning and started tracking at 6 AM (thanks everyone for the advice), tracked his blood and guts for an hour, about another quarter mile through my neighbors’ properties into a swamp. Turns out this is a huge buck bedding area…huge rubs and scrapes everywhere! Had to carry him back through the mud and water, but totally worth it. 

The coyotes only ate some of the intestines, and left everything else. Other than the bad shot, overall still very happy! 

C3C5BA98-5130-44C2-9C8A-D60D46839192.jpeg

You will never forget this hunt, that is for sure. And for a bonus, you found a bedding area!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Beautiful bucks, but ugly ass chucabura!! Just need those bucks to make a mistake and get moving during the day!! I'm rooting for you!! 

Just opened up a scrape at 30 right in front of me and whizzed in it. Then this skipper walked right under me just now 

ED337CC8-E716-4D38-98BF-458882D71D50.jpeg

• Like 4

I Just walked past a doe and fawn feeding just off my 4 wheeler path 20 ft away.  They just watched me walk by 2nd time this year I did it.  Think she may be on edge of being tame.  Oh well bait for me.  My afternoon view watching a plot develop. 

9BFAD815-D9AF-4D76-BADA-A878ED386469.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Lomax said:

I Just walked past a doe and fawn feeding just off my 4 wheeler path 20 ft away.  They just watched me walk by 2nd time this year I did it.  Think she may be on edge of being tame.  Oh well bait for me.  My afternoon view watching a plot develop. 

9BFAD815-D9AF-4D76-BADA-A878ED386469.jpeg

There he is!! 

• Like 1

Hunters,

I was getting discouraged.  Haven't seen much and with the weather so warm, 65 degrees I was irritated.  Well, enough said BBB = Big Buck Bleeding.  I saw movement about 70 yards out and a decent rack.  I hit grunt twice and he was on me.  I put a muzzy through him at about 5 yards, I can see blood from the stand.  I'll know more after my Brother finishes his hunt, I'm not going to mess his hunt up.  I did hear crashing and know I double lunged him. Pics to follow.

• Like 39

6 hours ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

So here’s the full story…shot him late yesterday, and found guts everywhere at impact but barely any blood. I watched him run toward my house (this is about a quarter mile into the woods on my property), and his blood trail followed along the creek that runs parallel to the trail I take to go home.

Got up this morning and started tracking at 6 AM (thanks everyone for the advice), tracked his blood and guts for an hour, about another quarter mile through my neighbors’ properties into a swamp. Turns out this is a huge buck bedding area…huge rubs and scrapes everywhere! Had to carry him back through the mud and water, but totally worth it. 

The coyotes only ate some of the intestines, and left everything else. Other than the bad shot, overall still very happy! 

C3C5BA98-5130-44C2-9C8A-D60D46839192.jpeg

Oh to be young again..Congrats!!

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I think the warmer temps are good ,if it slows the doe movement down the bucks will have to search more ,they certainly arnt going to lay up and wait for it to get cooler.  

I agree. Last year was even warmer I believe and big bucks fell then as well.

• Like 1